- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by International-Fun485.
- Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 12:54 #204990daryldooParticipant
Wrong address Non-Fungible Token
Sers do you know much about different wallets my friend bought a Non-Fungible Token (which he didn’t realise was on polygon) and gave there cronos wallet address – am I correct in thinking it’s lost?
It was on a football teams doing NFTS and there was an option to add your own address to where you could have the Non-Fungible Token sent to, he added his MetaMask (which was set up to use cronos chain with his cronos wallet address) so gave them his cronos wallet address
Is there any options or is it as simple as it’s lost and now gone ?
Am fairly new myself so not experienced, only thing I can think of is add polygon network to his MetaMask to see if it would appear but understand is as he give his cronos wallet the Non-Fungible Token will be lost ?
Edit – for clarity
Sorry for further clarity in short – he gave his cronos wallet address – but the Non-Fungible Token is on polygon
Any advice ?
ThanksThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 12:54 #204991Maxx3141
I’m not super familiar with these two networks, but since it’s his own wallet with his own seed it’s maybe not lost. In such situations you usually only have to switch to the right network in metamask.
Check if the addresses are the same for both networks – if thats the case its just a matter of how to setup Metamask or use a different software wallet.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 12:54 #204992brnmd
Ain’t Metamask address for a wallet the same across different chains?
I think he just needs to add the Polygon chain on Metamask and the NFT should appear there.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 12:54 #204993ipetgoat1984
They can’t get anything off his wallet without him giving up his seed phrase or passwords. Did he do that?Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 12:54 #204994daryldoo
Adding polygon network didn’t work, so I assume it’s lost then and can not be retrieved ?Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 12:54 #204995International-Fun485
Keep trying different chains hope you’ll recover, otherwise they are gone
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Tool to avoid sending tokens to a wrong address or blockchain
- → Bitcoin and Ether are the Alta Vista and Ask Jeeves of blockchain. Prove me wrong!
- → I chose the Local Node mode in Monero GUI (Win 10 x64), and the size of the blockchain folder is 308 kb only (and sync is 100%). What am I doing wrong?