- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago by rbrunner7.
- Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 18:38 #349873ringsigParticipant
Hi, Monero community!
I’m a software developer looking to create a production project for my portfolio. And I thought, what better way to do that than to contribute to Monero’s ecosystem.
I’m looking to create a marketplace that transacts exclusively in Monero, and have my eyes down on one of two possibilities:
* I could either make a services marketplace, like Upwork, where clients post their projects and freelancers can propose.
* Or, I can make a commodities marketplace, like eBay or Craigslist, where people can sell their goods.
If you had to choose between one of these two, which one would you prefer to see and why?
I’ve also seen some examples of people attempting similar marketplaces with other currencies, and most of the time the marketplaces are dead. What do you think are the key considerations I should have to ensure that this marketplace doesn’t end up the same?
Thanks!Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 18:38 #349874bitsconnect
I’d be interested in a services marketplace. I’ve seen others, but they all don’t have enough freelancers offering different jobs, which is the issue.Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 18:38 #349875rbrunner7
> looking to create a production project for my portfolio
Not sure how you mean that, but if the net effect and result of that would be that you leave soon after you put the project into production I see one big question that for me even trumps the question what exactly you build: Who would run this marketplace over the long run and develop it further?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Guys do you like idea of Monero only “marketplace” for services¿
- → Monero inspired ice cream flavor – “Monero Mango” – Come by if you like to support your Monero flavor! RSVP for this coming friday @ NYC😂
- → Is it safe to use a monero wallet on a mac…I keep hearing using a mac or windows defeats the object..im not tec savy and have only been on the monero journey for the last few months..big up the monero crew from a uk man
- → Monero Observer – Legendary Monero contributor moneromooo-monero submits PR to remove Cake Wallet from Getmonero.org
- → If I have monero can people use other sources of income to give me money to my monero account or do they have to have monero account as well?
- → Any marketplace where I can mint multiple pieces? don’t feel like doing a 1/1. I’d rather mint a lot, price them lower, and give some away.
- → Cryptocurrency-based services marketplace with a focus on adoption, seller protection, and grants
- → Up to 30% off | NFT Marketplace Development Services
- → Prominent Features of NFT Marketplace Development Services
- → JoePEG marketplace – NFT marketplace by Trader Joe
- → Solana NFT Marketplace Magic Eden Raises $130M at $1.6B Valuation. As Magic Eden Develops could the Marketplace come to Displace Opensea’s Dominance.
- → According to Blockworks, GameStop’s (GME) newly-launched Non-Fungible Token marketplace surpassed $1 million (over 1028 ETH) in volume in the last 24H. Do you think GME’s Non-Fungible Token marketplace could surpass Opensea someday in volume?
- → BTC (and other capped crypto’s) are not commodities- They are the world’s only scarcities!
- → interesting article about money, commodities, future of the global economy, and perspective on why wall street decided bitcoin was a good investment after trashing it for a decade .
- → Tokens linked to commodities: thought experiment