- This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Maxx3141.
- Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 00:22 #350068AdamMcSmithParticipant
Alright, let’s get one thing straight : I fucking love crypto. I honestly dont care that much if we moon or if we get rug pulled, cause at the end of the day I aint over invested or over leveraged (well, at least that’s what I tell myself…). I mean yea it’s sort of a cool investment vehicule, but above all, I always thought it was such a fascinating subject.
Recently, I’ve been contemplating the idea of getting a job at a crypto exchange or company. After all, they say find a job you enjoy doing and you’ll never work a day in your life! I already have my base (B.Sc. in MIS, MBA in IT mng, CSM, CSPO, ITIL, TOGAF, bunch of AWS and Azure cert, etc …) I also work as an IT project manager, worked on various tech project over the years (app, software, cloud, ERP…)And so, I figured this should be enough to land a job in the field, but after some research, I came to realize that I had greatly underestimated the requirements.
Here’s the thing, every interesting position requires work experience in the field of crypto, its the good old catch 22, cant give you a job without experience in X, but cant get experience in X without a job in the field! I mean sure, I could go back to displaying on my resume my github showcasing some honemade blockchain projects, kinda like what I did with cloud and CS back in the days when I was seeking internships after graduation, but Im not sure that would be of much interest, since its not work experience in the field.
I also found multiple course and certification on blockchain online, some of which I thought might be worthwhile. Most of them arent really recognized though, so I dont think they necessarly add much value.
Anyway, thought I’d share with the community to see what you guys think. Is a job in the field worthwhile? Is there a better path to land a job in crypto? Do some of these blockchain certs have a good ROI? Is it better to not mix your hobby and career? And above all, would YOU consider it?Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 00:22 #350069nick83487
I imagine it would be quite hard with the amount of layoffs that major crypto companies have been seeing recently but I wish you the best of luck.Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 00:22 #350070Section_Hot
Do it. And rounding out your GitHub with some solid demonstrations/experience is a solid way to go imo.Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 00:22 #350071Numerous_Sport_2774
Just put moonfarmer as past experience and the job will be yours.Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 00:22 #350072Unfortunatedude
It would be a very interesting adventure!
I wouldn’t know what branch to even begin to climb however.
I wish you the best. ☺Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 00:22 #350073Maxx3141
Did you consider farming moons in this sub?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Bulk Minting NFTs with Hardhat on Polygon Mainnet not working on Testnet it is working fine
- → Ripple needs to improve XRPL ecosystem and create level playing field – Serious Issues With Ripple and XRP (Community Based Investigation)
- → Owning a house and vacationing every summer is a pipedream for most people today. A generation ago, it was the norm. Crypto can level the playing field again.
- → “CrYpTo CAn LeVel tHE pLAyInG fIeLD” is a joke. How does crypto not overwhelmingly serve the rich?
- → I call it leveling the playing field.
- → does solana have data field in its transaction params?
- → When I try to mint an Non-Fungible Token on Etherscan/Polygonscan/etc., what is the purpose of the “metadata (uint256)” field?
- → True privacy on public blockchains means that companies of all sizes can interact on a level playing field. It means you can move money and assets and have complex agreements, and the only company that gets to monetize your data is your own. [Crypto News]
- → Memo field
- → Whenever I am trying to enter an address in my input Field , it automatically changes to one particular address only
- → The input field contains only the reference hash,sig,sequence num So can I give another column and input some text like satoshi did in bitcoin’s first block transaction? Will the node accept my transaction?
- → The IRS is going to have a field day if ETHPoW becomes a thing post Merge
- → Ladies and gentlemen, field research time
- → If you have knowledge of encryption or are learning about it, drop me a line. We can exchange knowledge about encryption, progress and grow together in this field
- → MATIC bringing a new consensus mechanism “proof-of-Efficiency”. It’s in these tough times that cryptocurrency projects start working on improving their technology.