- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months, 1 week ago by LG_UK.
- Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 23:57 #344409btcMikeParticipant
Can the Random X algorithm of Monero be dual mined by CPU and GPU? There are thousands of GPU miners looking for PoW coins to mine once ETH is no longer minable.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 23:57 #344410ok46reddit
No. GPU miners are terribly inefficient at RandomX mining.
They will head over to other GPU coins like VTCSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 23:57 #344411anodeman
RandomX was specifically designed to resist ASIC (and by proxy GPU) mining, so I don’t think GPU will ever be viable to mine with.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 23:57 #344412LG_UK
You can mine it with gpu, but it’s nowhere near as efficient as cpu. Eth miners will switch to something else gpu friendly.
The whole intention of RX was to make it as decentralised as possible and ASIC resistant. I see no reason or intention to adjust the algo to make it appeal to gpus.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → After years of anticipation, Ethereum’s seismic shift from Proof-of-Work to Proof-of-Stake went off without a hitch. Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin said he is “absolutely excited about being exited from the proof-of-work era.” GLTA!!!
- → Proof of Work, Proof of Stake & Pure Proof of Stake: An Evolution in Distributed Consensus
- → Algorand: Proof of Work, Proof of Stake & Pure Proof of Stake: An Evolution in Distributed Consensus [Crypto News]
- → Proof of Work, Proof of Stake, and Proof of Reputation
- → Soon mining on GPU:s will be over! Intel is releasing a blockchain accelerator that will be x1000 faster than GPU:s! Gamechanging tech for crypto!
- → Does the ethereum network use proof of work or proof of stake to verify transactions?
- → Ethereum 2.0 going from proof-of-work to proof-of-stake turns it from a crypto that rewards you for work, to a bank that gives you interest on your funds
- → Ethereum just ran a major test to switch from a proof-of-work model to a proof-of-stake model. [Crypto News]
- → Proof-of-Work and Proof-of-Stake: Comparing the Environmental Impact of Ethereum and Moonbeam
- → Ethereum Merge Takes Place on Kiln Testnet, Kiln is the final public testnet before Ethereum’s transition to a proof-of-stake network. [News]
- → In anticipation of Ethereum’s upgrade to proof of stake, over 13% of ETH’s supply has been sent into the Ethereum 2.0 deposit contract. As per the latest insights, the Total Value in the ETH 2.0 Deposit Contract reached an ATH of 13,388,454 ETH. GLTA!!!
- → NVIDIA pays $5.5 million to settle SEC charges over GPU sales to crypto miners [Crypto News]
- → as GPU miners switch many mining pools are above 50% hashrate for altcoins
- → Do you guys buy and hodl or do you guys stake? Does anyone hodl and stake? Which is better? I own Solana and I am torn whether if I should stake or not. Not knowing what will happen if I were to stake. Could you guys please explain which is better ? Thanks
- → Who decided to move ETH to proof of stake? Was it Vitalik? The foundation? The miners?