- This topic has 19 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months ago by UpUpDownDownXO.
- Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:28 #316624positiveresistanceParticipant
Of course crypto is in the shit right now. Probably fairly predictable given the world’s issues and whether it’s a bunch of macro factors or the whales manipulating markets I do see there’s major problems.
Why isn’t the stock market receiving the same attacks and criticism? There’s literal proof of manipulation, the SEC putting propaganda hit pieces out, ‘blue chip’ companies down more than 50% yet the media and most users on here think that’s all fine?
Maybe I should have posted in ‘no stupid questions’…?Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316634Ammarkoo
Because with stocks you are actually owning a part of a REAL company with physical assets and revenue . With crypto / Bitcoin you own basically nothing ! Bitcoin started as the “internet currency” and it failed miserably , then the Bitcoin Maxies changed the tons to ” Store of value / hedge against inflation ” and here are are going through inflation and again Bitcoin failed miserably ..
In short , crypto is NOT the same as the stock market .Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316644UpUpDownDownXO
Old Money vs New MoneyWednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316643JOININY
Because of $ADAWednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316642UniqueID89
Company’s with stock are held to standards, crypto isn’t. There is market value and metrics tied to the valuation of companies and stocks, crypto they name it’s initial value and we all agree to it.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316641krgdotbat
Is this bait? If not, with this thread I quite understand so many idiots loosing moneyWednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316640365Dillweed365
Reputation and production.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316639Phuzzybat
To be fair to invest in stocks is to assume that the world will keep on producing and selling more goods and services, and that overall, there is optimism that the world in the future will have made money and expanded from where it is today. While there are ups and downs, data from the last 100 years or so supports this. Of course a nuclear war (for example) could torpedo this.
To invest in cryptocurrency is to assume either that lots of other people will invest in (the same) cryptocurrency you invest in (increasing demand), or assuming that (the cryptocurrencies you invest in) will become an intrinsic part of the mainstream world, and that in doing so, there are more buyers than sellers. Neither of these are certain.
So I don’t think it is a fair comparison to just consider them both graphs that go up and down.
Additionally I read on here so often the ingrained belief that blockchain is “THE” invention of a lifetime, and that like the printing press or microchip it will revolutionize the entire world; all preexisting systems and technologies will be scrapped and blockchains will take their place in all markets and sectors. This is a fantasy.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316638krirby
Not a stock trader guy but I assume because many of the assets in the stock market have been around for a long time so there is less risk in one of them upending (e.g. gold and the like) like a crypto could. Also volatility most of the time of the stock market pales with the price-action shoots and plummets that crypto goes through on a regular basis.
:EDIT: I’ll also say, I don’t think the stock market is a safe place to be at. Like you say there’s still tremendous swings, it has however more longevity under its belt which is something you can’t say for the crypto space (for better or worse, I’m personally attracted to the volatility-element).Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316636dwin31
To add to it companies like Pelton down like 80%Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316635KimKarasshian
Because old white men are BD in stocksWednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316633gazman195
Crypto is a young and unregulated market. Golden haven for scamemrs and rug pull projects feigning legitimacy. I’m sure there’s a lot of money laundering and insider trading going on too. It’s the wild wild West of the financial trading world.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316632gimmedatcrypto
With things like insider trading, penny stocks of companies with absolutely zero value, trading of shares that don’t exist and market manipulation; you’d be a fool to think the stock market was a golden ticket. Sir, this is a casino.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316631namagofuckyoself
Damn, some people here are super delusional. Crypto cannot be compared to stocks, they barely have any similarities. Fiat is what BTC was always compared to, if you don’t know why, you should probably study a lot more before posting stupid questions.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316630pukem0n
time in the market is better than timing the market. stocks are more established. in 50 years crypto will just be the same.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316629kintimTAB
Both are pretty much trust and faith in a monetary system. Stocks are corrupt and so far with crypto, a lot of rug pulls, volatility and general newness… it’s just easier to rag on the new thing. Both deserve equal criticism.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316628AnomanderRake42
Are you fucking serious?
You’re comparing companies with actual employees who devote years of labor to produce tangible, physical products that customers buy and use every day to a bunch of digital coins that literally do nothing but tell you how many of them you have?
There’s a ton of innovation that can **potentially** be done with crypto, at least among smart contract cryptos. But it hasn’t manifested yet. Thus far, the most that crypto has done has poorly imitated the foreign exchange market with DEXes.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316627mundane_coconut47
Stocks represent a piece of ownership in a company. Those companies generate goods and services that people pay money for and they often hold considerable assets in real estate, equipment, cash, patents, etc.
Cryptocurrencies do not generate excess value – the increase in price is only due to speculation. Furthermore one person’s gain in crypto is another’s loss – it is a zero sum game.
A better comparison would be comparing crypto to USD or gold.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316626RobLuk
Stocks are not a golden ticket. Anyone pushing them has an agenda. Usually to get you to buy stocks.
Stocks in general have a track record of being profitable over the long run, so there is a lot of faith in them.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 23:29 #316625Fer4yn
Whatever you believe about the stock market; manipulation in the crypto market is much, much worse and the accountability of the project owners pretty much non-existent.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Bidding on the FIRST flight ticket issued as a Non-Fungible Token just ended(MADRID -> MIAMI). Mass adoption is coming, the real use cases are here! TravelX in partnership with Air Europa built on top of Algorand! FLIGHT TICKET Non-Fungible Tokens ARE HERE! This is a moment to remember in crypto history.
- → Shib isn’t a Golden Ticket…
- → So is BTC parallel with the stock market? Do you guys think bitcoin will crash of the stock market crashes? I have been hearing both sides what is your experience I have only been holding BTC for about a year I have seen it go both ways, what are your thoughts?
- → ImmutableX joins forces with Non-Fungible Token ticketing market leader to build fully On-Chain Secondary Ticket Market [Crypto News]
- → If crypto is following the stock market(up/downs)…why should I put my money into crypto? Seems like bot traders parallel stocks/crypto.
- → Dismissing people for their crypto/stock growth expectations just because they are invested in said stock/crypto is really dumb
- → Crypto exchange FTX plans to roll out zero-commission stock trading. Stock purchases can be made with stablecoins as well as traditional dollar deposits [Crypto News]
- → The Crypto Market (BTC Specifically) Isn’t Being Valued/Categorized Correctly. Which is Why I Wouldn’t Be Surprised If The Whole Crypto Market Follows Suit In The Looming Equities Market Correction.
- → For those that have traded in the Stock Market & Crypto Market
- → Putin took down the stock market and the crypto market in less than 15 min
- → Putin took down the stock market and crypto market in 23 min.
- → Don’t be in denial, BTC, Crypto, fiat, the stock market and housing market are all going to ZERO.
- → Reminder: Not only Crypto market is crashing. Stock market is crashing as well.
- → If you believe that crypto market will recover then there are also opportunities in the stock market.
- → Stock Market is out of the Bear Market, Crypto will soon follow its Success