- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago by llewsor.
- Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 at 19:14 #387013XaqareeParticipant
Why is this not treated with the same disdain people would have for a federal agency setting the price of eggs?
Why in every country in the world is it just accepted for a central planner to determine what the interest rate is?Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 at 19:28 #387014MilesPower
“It’s how it’s always been” is the general line i hear a lot. It’s complicated, people don’t want to have to think about it or try and work it out. They assume the people running the economy know what they’re doing and are doing it for the benefit of the people.
I think some people are starting to wake up but not nearly at the rate they should be. Unfortunately bitcoin still has a bad rep for being a risky gamblers asset and not a serious monetary alternative.Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 at 19:39 #387015llewsor
central banking and religion are the same in that both require faith in authority. central bankers are no different that the priesthood having the monopoly over access to god in this case access to true money (true interest rate).
jesus came to get rid of the priesthood as the middlemen to god and “decentralize” our access to god. everyone becomes a living temple and can read the bible for themselves as opposed to having to rely on a priest as the authority of the word of god and as the only interpretation of scripture.
satoshi came to get rid of the central bankers as the middlemen to money and decentralize our access to the true value of money. everyone can run a node and have access to the ledger and verify the history of transactions for themselves as opposed to having to trust intermediaries.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → We’ve 15 years of low-interest rates. Crypto was born in this era. What happens if we have 15 years of high interest rates?
- → Share your views. Recession looming. (1)QE , lower interest rates and go brr printing the way out of debt by inflating M2 ? Or (2) QT raise interest rates, lower inflation and risk losing mid terms or other elections ? [Image]
- → all the currencies crashing against the $USD… we’re relying on fed to save us. Any chance we turn the money printer back on to bail out bonds but still raise int rates to fight inflation like other countries have started (more inflation)… do you think we can see a btc standard among central banks? [Image]