- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by ZanTheDarkKnight.
- Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 00:08 #345341SuperSan93Participant
The race for the leader of the Conservative party and prime minister of the UK is happening. The two candidates are Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss.
He’s pro-crypto having been one of the architects for the UK’s current crypto-friendly campaign before quitting amongst the mass resignation earlier this month which prompted Johnson to resign.
He’s commissioned The Royal Mint to issue Non-Fungible Tokens and tweeted about making the UK a global cryptoassets hub and the jobs that will create.
More recently it’s been reported that he’s pushing ahead with a new law that will pave the way for everyday cryptocurrency payments.
It hasn’t gone down well with everybody in parliament however, with one Labor MP saying that he’d crashed with the crypto market and likened him to a ponzi scheme.
She seems to be pro-crypto having tweeted at least as early and 2018 that the UK should welcome cryptocurrencies and not to constrain their potential, that free enterprises need to be liberated by removing regulations that restrict prosperity. This was around the same time she participated in a talk with crypto influencers at London tech week.
However more recently she’s been focused Russia’s use of crypto to evade sanctions and has helped pass a law that will enable the government to seize digital assets as part of its not crypto exclusive ‘economic crime bill’.
It’s been a while since she’s publicly spoken about crypto positively but it’s probably safe to assume she understands the benefits.
So regardless of who becomes the next prime minister we can be sure that the UK will remain a friend of the crypto community and those who want to innovate with it in the UK.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 00:08 #345342One_Landscape541
I would be really scared of someone who’s pushing the royal mint to issue nfts.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 00:08 #345343Mundane-Farm-4117
Tories just want to make money… They will regulate us especially Rishi DishiWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 00:08 #345344ZanTheDarkKnight
UK isn’t no friend of crypto otherwise if it was I’d be able to trade futures 🙁
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → LeBron CDC Ad is at 5.1 mil views while FTXs is at 1.2 mil views on YouTube.
- → Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says “Telling people they can opt out of inflation by investing in cryptocurrencies is not responsible leadership.” in a Tweet calling out Conservative Party leader Pierre Poilevre, who is known for having pro-BTC views
- → Ethereum could ‘take over everything’, and there won’t be a multi-chain future, says EY’s blockchain leader
- → FT: $40bn crypto collapse turns Korea against the ‘Lunatic’ leader [Crypto News]
- → $40bn crypto collapse turns South Korea against the ‘Lunatic’ leader [Crypto News]
- → What’s your Views on Crypto Trading Bots? Has anyone tried it?
- → Google Pay resets strategy again with new leader, might get into crypto
- → Which crypto project has the most charismatic “cult leader”?
- → “MP Brison entire Salary to be paid and converted to BitcoinCash” Leader of United Party (St.Maarten) becomes the first Member of Parliament in the world to have his salary paid in BCH ..and Brison believes that his next step will be the Crypto Legislation.
- → Crypto Security Leader (Large Margin to Profit?)
- → Binance gave Putin regime information on users who donated to opposition leader Alexei Navalny [Crypto News]
- → Guardian Token has partnered with industry leader Benzinga to collect and analyze real crypto and digital asset feedback from real investors!
- → ImmutableX joins forces with Non-Fungible Token ticketing market leader to build fully On-Chain Secondary Ticket Market [Crypto News]
- → Funex Coin | Revolutionising The Crypto Industry | A Leader In Innovation
- → Interested In Hearing Your Views Regarding MWEB