- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Ivo_ChainNET.
- Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 11:24 #350222AvengerDrParticipant
I just received the mind-shattering amount of about 0.002 ETH (about 3€) on a Metamask wallet. I was wondering whether I can do anything with it. I assume gas fees, swaps, etc. will probably eat most of it.
But maybe there is a super-degen “strategy” that could let me learn “the ropes” of defi? I know my way around “regular” crypto but have never used defi before. I have a “theoretical” knowledge of how farms and LPs work but I wanted to have a little bit of skin in the game to see it in practice. If there is nothing I can do with it, I guess I will just leave it there…
Alternatively, I have a bag of DOT bought last year that is staking on Kraken, but since when I bought it was at around 24€ (…) it’s going to be a long way to the top again. I have looked around but I have only been able to find a GLMR/xcDOT farm on Moonbeam. Would you recommend that instead of staking DOT on Kraken? At this point, I wouldn’t be terribly hurt if I were to lose all those DOTs.Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 11:24 #350223Ivo_ChainNET
Mainnet ethereum fees are too high. I don’t recommend starting with Moonbeam right now, the ecosystem is still recovering from the Nomad bridge hack.
The Polygon network is probably the best option for learning the ropes. A lot cheaper than L2s or mainnet Ethereum, and most of the major protocols are deployed there anyway.
You can use this list of the top protocols on Polygon: [https://defillama.com/chain/Polygon](https://defillama.com/chain/Polygon)
Get familiar with the protocols you like, you don’t have to use more than $1 really. Gas costs will be less than a cent per transaction
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Venezuela pegs its monthly minimum wage to its national cryptocurrency (stablecoin) “Petro”, now monthly minimum wage is around 28 USD (0.5 PTR) a 1,300% increase over the old minimum wage, 2 USD monthly!
- → To anyone panicking, just remember that the absolute most that bitcoin can drop from here would be another 38k, but the absolute most that bitcoin can go up from here is infinite
- → Just finished liquidating my Matic and Sand in order to stake on sandbox and now I’m 0.01 matic short from the fees to stake. Need to buy a small amount of matic to cover the fees, is there a minimum transfer amount on Crypto.com. Will be purchasing to then send over to my MetaMask wallet.
- → Hey guys, do people ever donate over 5 doge coins? Or is it maxed at 5 bc I’ve only seen 5 doge coins being sent to people. And to receive doge coins so I have to be friends with the person or something else? I’ve never received so I want to learn! Thank you shibes
- → Different amount in pancake swap. Trust wallet shows one amount then when I go to pancake swap and check through usdy it shows a way less amount of money
- → You need to learn how to store coins safely without having them in an exchange. I just saw a post on another site where a guy said he had more than 10 coins but less than 30 all in an exchange and didn’t know how to withdraw them to a wallet.
- → Looking to move my crypto investments into stable coins for the time being. Interested to hear your thoughts on which one is best (don’t even mention tether to me please). I’m also intrigued to learn more about the algorithmically stable coins of cardano.
- → The Absolute return of Meme coins to Earth as Nihilism Overtakes Crypto
- → Minimum amount to stake dots is 120 dot?
- → Minimum amount of ADA for a validator to actually earn rewards
- → What is the minimum amount of money that you should invest in an altcoin?
- → Will the minimum amount of 32 ETH required to run a node be reduced agter the merge?
- → Minimum stake amount
- → Around 8% of the worldwide traded amount in LocalBitcoin (359 BTC) were traded in Venezuela last week (29 BTC), all this happens while monthly minimum wage has stabilized at 16 USD.