- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago by RogerWilco357.
- Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 22:35 #350013PulseQ8Participant
You know, a coding mistake that locks some ADA with no way of getting it back. Won’t such accident occur frequently over the years, effectively decreasing the token supply each time?Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 22:36 #350014SigSalvadore
Care to elaborate how that could happen coding-wise?
*edit* I mean technically some could be lost to addresses to dead people or individuals who lose their keys. I don’t think it would be significant given the 45B supply.Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 22:36 #350015fh7ajj4
Its much more likely that people will simply lose their private keys.
Whichever way people lose access to their ADA, nothing really happens, it just becomes unspendable.Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 22:36 #350016RogerWilco357
Well, locked is locked isn’t it? If you lock something and don’t have a key to unlock it or cant break it open, then I guess it’s locked forever.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Algorand to release Contract-to-Contract calls, which will increase their smart contract functionality exponentially
- → Algorand Network Upgrade Expands Smart Contract Functionality with Contract-to-Contract Calls, Releases Post-Quantum Secure Keys for Trustless Cross-Chain Interoperability
- → hello, I want to create a free mint nft on solana network and I want to sell this nfti that I created on solana over smart contract, how can I create a smart contract, is there a source video about it?
- → Cardano Upgrade increases the number of smart contracts on the blockchain by almost 3,000 Is Cardano upgrade improving smart contracts smart contract capabilities?
- → My only concern is what happens when BTC gets lost from people who pass away? If its just lost then more and more will continue to get lost until eventually one day BTC becomes irrelevant.
- → I wanted to test with 18 Ada to delegate to the cardanians pool, but deposit during the process only says 2.000000 ADA, why? And can I, after once invested 18 Ada, always put new Ada on the wallet which is then used in the pool without having each time such a large difference?
- → I still hold Cardano (ADA) in YOROI-Ledger with my Ledger Nano.. however I noticed that ADA is live supported by ledger, do I still have to keep it in YOROI or can I move it there? Also, I noticed when Added the ADA wallet in Ledger, the amount of ADA in Ledger does not match my YOROI account which
- → 10 million ETH now locked in the ETH2.0 staking contract. What happens to the price?
- → No HW wallet for smart contract but Sundeaswap locked liquidity is quite big?
- → So im 15, I have a whole 10k NFT collection currently made, i was finishing up the contract for minting etc but my dumbass forgot that the price for it isnt free, so i dont have enough to buy the smart contract. I have $11 on my prepaid visa, where can i buy Matic where there is no required id?
- → What is going on?! after verifying my smart contract on etherscan the gas fees on my contract are extremely broken.
- → Using Metamask can be risky. It’s sometimes not clear what exactly is being signed. Adding smart contract addresses to your address book increases your security and makes it more difficult for scammers to trick you into signing a malicious contract.
- → Smart Contract new be question 3 way contract
- → I guys I have a hypothetical questions. If I have my ada and assets staked in yoroi and for what ever reason it gets banned in my country or the Emurgo server are no longer working would I still be able to access my ada on Daedalus after as it stored on the blockchain?
- → Questions for people who accidentally locked themselves out of accessing their UST/crypto on anchor protocol or got hacked