- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months, 3 weeks ago by mobrinee.
- Friday, June 17th, 2022 at 16:47 #310799SolutionAdorable9878Participant
What are the risks of using public nodes?
Is there, among those, a risk of getting my coins stolen as well? Meaning, only due to using a public node and not due to any second-order effect of using it.Friday, June 17th, 2022 at 18:33 #310800DystopicMadhat
The Risk is that u have no control of the node, meaning your ip could be traced.Friday, June 17th, 2022 at 18:36 #310801mobrinee
Some malicious nodes were found to rise up the fee for no reason if you’re not careful (Something like 0.1 xmr).
Also anything a normal website can do to trace your ip address a public node can do to you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → PSA: Anyone With a Computer & Internet Connection Can Run a BTC Node FOR FREE. Just Download and Run the Free Software. You don’t need to buy these raspberry pi’s that are not primarily BTC Nodes. Those Pricey Pi’s Are Lightning Nodes AND BTC nodes. There is a Big difference! Run A Node!
- → https://moneroworld.com/#nodes and monero.fail both are down for finding public monero nodes? what other node list websites exist?
- → Forgive my ignorance, but if there are only 15000 active BTC nodes and if it costs only $100 to run a node, what prevents a government or company that wants to see BTC die from spending 1,5 millions dollars to buy 15001 nodes in order to have a voting majority and change the protocol?