- This topic has 9 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by Olafhadtopoo.
- Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 at 12:23 #386789WTFsince89Participant
Portugal views cryptocurrencies as a form of payment, instead of crypto assets, therefore crypto transactions are exempt from VAT (value added tax).
• This means that any profit derived from the purchase and sale of cryptocurrency in Portugal will not be subject to tax.
• In addition the Portugal crypto exchange for other currencies will also not be taxed.
• The Portuguese government also allows employers to pay wages using cryptocurrency and makes it easy to purchase crypto on a variety of platforms.
• To benefit from these generous policies, crypto holders do need to be residents or citizens. However, Portugal offers a Golden Visa Program that simplifies the process, allowing people to become residents through investment.
• There have been property purchases in Portugal that have already been done with crypto, and it is expected to become more commonplace given the popularity of the country with individuals interested in crypto. Portugal’s crypto real estate market is something that is likely to gain traction in the coming years.
• Banks are gradually becoming more crypto-friendly. For digital banks and credit cards, you will be able to find options, such as Nuri, Millennium and BBVA.
We need more countries like Portugal !Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 at 12:23 #386790BladesAllowed
The 4th secret of Fatima?Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 at 12:23 #386791Far-Scholar9028
More countries should be like portugal. We love crypto friendly regulationsTuesday, October 4th, 2022 at 12:23 #386792milonuttigrain
Let’s move to Portugal! They have nice beach and low cost of living too.Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 at 12:23 #386793kathigitis
Golden Visa programs create all shorts of issues for the local population. Do not be so fast to endorse them.
Other than that, all crypto-friendly regulation is welcome.Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 at 12:23 #386794Slainte042
Portugal is one of the most human-friendly places on Earth.Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 at 12:23 #386795Nuewim
Few months ago portuguese government wanted to remove 0% tax on crypto and start taxing it. What about it, how it finally ended, die they stopped this bad idea or works are in progress?Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 at 12:23 #386796ChemicalGreek
You forgot all the nice beaches, good weather, delicious food and Ronaldo 😉Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 at 12:23 #386797Intelligent_Page2732
*Adding Portugal to potential migration country*..Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 at 12:23 #386798Olafhadtopoo
I once tried speaking Portugese but got a stroke after a few words
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Thanks to its booming crypto economy, positive legislation, and the world’s second-highest percentage of the crypto-owning population, Singapore is one of the most crypto friendly countries
- → Portugal’s congress has rejected 2 crypto tax proposals! Portugal’s Congress named Assembleia da República has dismissed two separate bill proposals on taxing crypto proposed by two left-wing parties – Livre and Bloco de Esquerda 💪 [Image]
- → A warm welcome message to our newcomer Goldman Sachs. I wish you a warm welcome to the crypto world! Here are some guidelines and beginners tips and tricks for you to make your journey a pure success!