- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Mean_Tomatillo_9499.
- Saturday, July 23rd, 2022 at 20:44 #343867Mean_Tomatillo_9499Participant
Animoca Brands Launches DAO to Develop Metaverse Standards
“An alliance of Web3 companies has come together to build an open and borderless metaverse called OMA3, or the Open Metaverse Alliance for Web3. The group says it aims to solve key challenges of the nascent metaverse, including preserving the freedom of information owned by users.
Projects joining the alliance with Animoca Brands include Alien Worlds, Dapper Labs, Decentraland, Star Atlas, and The Sandbox. In addition to Web3 projects already linked to Animoca, the alliance includes DAO framework developer Wivity, virtual reality and game developer Space, and blockchain gaming company Upland.
The announcement of the new blockchain-based organization comes on the heels of the announcement of another metaverse “alliance” known as the Metaverse Standards Forum. Founding members of that group include Microsoft, Meta (formerly Facebook), Alibaba, and Sony—companies not known for letting users keep, much less transfer, their data freely between applications.”
Article: https://decrypt.co/105791/new-interoperability-alliance-launches-dao-to-develop-metaverse-standardsSaturday, July 23rd, 2022 at 20:44 #343868Mean_Tomatillo_9499
Super interested to see what’ll come from the collaboration and competition.
And shout-out to everyone who helped boost my karma to get this posted!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Web 1.0 – Everyone has their own server Web 2.0 – Everyone runs things on other people’s servers Web 3.0 – Those servers are distributed and have a focus on tokens and blockchains
- → How do you begin to find people to join in a fledgling project and begin building a community behind it?
- → Epic Games VP: “People have kind of lost interest in the metaverse, because characters look like cartoons with no legs” | Can’t argue with that, most blockchain/crypto related games look like there were created in the 90s-2000s, let’s not even talk about the gameplay. [Crypto News]