- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by helpmeimpoor6969.
- Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 12:26 #324881WhaleFactoryParticipant
Want to self-custody, but don’t know where to start?
Here are my top recommendations and YouTube guides from a trusted source (BTC Sessions) on how to use them. There are others, but after using most of them and copious research these are my favorite. Also all considered to be top-tier by the community.
*Note: all my recommendations are* ***BTC only***\*\*
**Desktop Wallet** *(can run a software hot wallet, manage hardware wallets, multi-sig & coinjoins via whirlpool)*
* Sparrow Wallet: [https://sparrowwallet.com](https://sparrowwallet.com/)
* Guide: [https://youtu.be/qJ\_SpQX\_YKw](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_SpQX_YKw&t=1764s)
**Mobile Phone Wallet** *( \*\*EASIEST\*\* On-Chain + Lightning Hot Wallet)*
**Mobile Phone Wallet** \- Advanced feature set *(Using your own node, watch-only wallets etc.)*
**Hardware Wallet** *(On-Chain)*
*Obligatory: Not financial advice. Do your own research.*Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 12:43 #324882helpmeimpoor6969
Why isn’t ledger nano on here
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → With everything going on with Canada and Trudeau, I worry people are rushing into self-custody without understanding how to protect their money. Here are the three categories and 9 attacks you have to understand before self custody.
- → Nunchuk BTC wallet epic response to Canadian government demand to freeze bitcoin “Nunchuk is a free to use self-custodial wallet. Not an intermediary. Please look up how self-custody and private keys work. When the Canadian dollar becomes worthless, we will be here to serve you too.”
- → Help me become comfortable with self custody please!
- → #weALGOoffexchanges: I will buy you a Raspberry Pi 4 and help you set up a node on it. You must migrate at least 1,000 Algo off an exchange and preach the gospel of self custody and run it for one year.
- → Can’t wait to start seeing bullshit self proclaimed TA prophets start predicting shit now with this 10% increase.
- → Any BTC credit cards that will let you self custody and give you a credit limit on your BTC?
- → Simple recipe for free or low cost secure self-custody (no HW wallet needed!)
- → It seems users’ won’t be able to withdraw BTC to a self-custody wallet according to Russia’s new bill
- → Self Custody is the most important aspect of Crypto, not the speed of transactions or the number of problems a coin fix
- → Thoughts on Casa as a self custody option?
- → Took self custody of my keys today
- → Self-Custody Terms every new Bitcoiner should know!
- → This week I finally did it. I had over 1 BTC all over the place, Gemini, Nexo, BlockFi…. Not anymore. All of it is now in cold storage. Stop contributing to the abundance of BTC on exchanges and take self custody! [Image]
- → Take self custody of your coins please .
- → This is why Self-Custody is important. It reduces chances centralization. Move your ETH to a ledger or Trezor to stop these big exchanges from giving you an IOU as they do what they want with your crypto: