- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 months, 2 weeks ago by H4y3s_.
- Saturday, May 14th, 2022 at 20:32 #273382DeliciousNectarine8Participant
I’m not against Non-Fungible Token art, after all its another integral part of the ETH ecosystem. However, I am against the HUGE amounts of resources that are being poured in the Non-Fungible Token market. Resources that will not result in anything of real utility or impact in the real world.
Vitalik’s vision is for ETH to be the portal which people will use to integrate themselves and their lifestyle into the digital world. His vision is for ETH to be able to solve real world problems and eventually, down the line, make decentralization the norm and end the tyranny of centralized authorities over our lives. I know this may sound a bit “poetic” right now but this is the real long term vision.
This is exactly why I love to see that there are indeed a select few projects that have been following this vision, a lot of which are DAOs which fits great with Vitalik’s ideals. There are DAOs out there like BitDAO aiding this vision with more than $500 million ETH in their treasury being allocated toward expanding the DeFi space on ETH and improving its adoption rates. Crazy to think that a DAO is the 43rd largest ETH holder meaning that they truly do believe in the long term vision of ETH.
Hopefully we keep seeing more resources being allocated toward the utilitarian side of ETH cause this is the only way to prove that crypto will indeed solve everyday problems and make life all the better. All these billions of dollars combined can be put into much better use. But that’s just my (and Vitalik’s) personal opinion.Saturday, May 14th, 2022 at 21:21 #273383H4y3s_
I think NFT’s with useable applications are going to change the landscape of the world but yeh, an expensive picture of a monkey doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Vitalik himself said that the goal of Ethereum isn’t million-dollar pictures of monkeys, it’s to accomplish meaningful things in the world.
- → ‘The Goal Of Crypto Is Not To Play Games With Million Dollar Pictures Of Monkeys’: Vitalik Takes Shot At Bored Ape Yacht Club [News]
- → ‘The Goal Of Crypto Is Not To Play Games With Million Dollar Pictures Of Monkeys’: Ethereum Founder Takes Shot At Bored Ape Yacht Club [News]