- This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months ago by Unfortunatedude.
- Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 12:06 #324873Set1LessParticipant
US DoJ has filed a series of criminal prosecutions against crypto scammers in the past few days and weeks. All of them are being charged with wire fraud and money laundering, including Non-Fungible Token rug pull scammers who believed their shitty jpeg would be a good way to scam unsuspecting investors. Wire fraud and money laundering charges can bring criminals upto 20 years imprisonment.
This is from 2 days ago, charges against 4 separate scams: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-announces-enforcement-action-charging-six-individuals-cryptocurrency-fraud
> The Department of Justice, together with federal law enforcement partners, today announced criminal charges against six defendants in four separate cases for their alleged involvement in cryptocurrency-related fraud, including the largest known Non-Fungible Token (Non-Fungible Token) scheme charged to date, a fraudulent investment fund that purportedly traded on cryptocurrency exchanges, a global Ponzi scheme involving the sale of unregistered crypto securities, and a fraudulent initial coin offering.
As law enforcement ramps up their crypto investigation departments, expect more and more such crimes to be brought to book. The “baller ape” Non-Fungible Token scam indictment alleges the criminals used chain-hop, onchain swaps and other onchain laundering methods to scam victims.
The DOJ has set up a separate webpage for victims in crypto scams to come forward and submit victim impact statements:
> All investor victims of the Baller Ape Club, EmpiresX, TBIS, and Circle Society schemes are encouraged to visit the webpage https://www.justice.gov/criminal-vns/crypto-enforcement to identify themselves as potential victims and obtain more information on their rights as victims, including the ability to submit a victim impact statement.
Earlier in March, prosecution for another Non-Fungible Token scam was able to denonymize usage of Tornado Cash. This investigation tracks Non-Fungible Token scam sale from OpenSea through Tornado cash to the criminals eventual Coinbase accounts.
Its obvious the noose is being tightened around many of such scammers who thought they got away scamming people during the bull run. Using crypto to run your scams isnt really smart – the evidence is gonna be onchain forever. Most criminals are going to learn this lesson the hard waySaturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 12:06 #324874Lopsided_Dot_4557
They should start with crypto youtubers, all of themSaturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 12:06 #324875rorowhat
It’s getting realSaturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 12:06 #324876KilzzoneXD
Good scammers are scumSaturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 12:06 #324878One_Landscape541
There’s going to be a bunch of people going to prison for pushing nfts when they made money from those sights. Simply saying this is not financial advice is not enough to distance yourself when clearly giving financial adviceSaturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 12:06 #324879akiletour1
Yeah coin mixers are compromised, they didn’t use Monero I guess
Don’t get me wrong I’m glad to see scammers get fucked and I hope the victims can get some justiceSaturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 12:06 #324880Unfortunatedude
These cowboys gittin’ round’up 🤠
Gensler Earp? That you?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → DOJ Indicts 6 People in 4 Crypto Scams Including Baller Ape Non-Fungible Token Rug-Pull DoJ Indicts 6 Persons in 4 Crypto Scams Including Baller Ape Non-Fungible Token Rug-Pull [Crypto News]
- → DOJ initiates first Non-Fungible Token rug-pull prosecution with charges against Frosties founders | CryptoSlate [Crypto News]
- → Let’s say I have eth+SNX (erc20 token)+ Non-Fungible Token in a wallet pre merge, in post merge fork scenario, I will get ethw+SNXW+Non-Fungible Token(W). In a replay attack scenario, I move snxw to a different new wallet, how can some one replay and take away snx or Non-Fungible Token from my ledger wallet, how will replay play out?
- → Gary Vaynerchuk said 98% of Non-Fungible Token projects will fail after the gold rush fades. – “This is internet stocks 99,” said Vaynerchuk when asked about the current Non-Fungible Token landscape. Most of the behavior I see in Non-Fungible Token buying reminds me of the way people bought beanie babies.”
- → MUSIC Non-Fungible Token = SIMPLE 🎶 a thread… (The Music Non-Fungible Token Blueprint by Dyl – How To Music Non-Fungible Token)
- → 6ix9ine a famous rapper is apologizing after scamming his own fan base on a $6 million Non-Fungible Token project. In his video his latest video says “He jumped into the Non-Fungible Token community without knowing what a Non-Fungible Token was, he took advantage of a paid association”.
- → Non-Fungible Token Scammer ‘John Hit Piece’ is selling Non-Fungible Token’s of all musicians (including BTS and Disney) from Spotifys Data. How is this legal?
- → $2.3 million dollar jpeg monkeys, NBA arenas, commercials, “stable” coins, frauds, ponzi schemes, criminal indictments. Maybe a reset and a reality check is the best thing for the crypto industry. [Crypto News]
- → Has anyone heard of an EIP that allows Non-Fungible Tokens to also become wallets themselves, allowing you to store an Non-Fungible Token within an Non-Fungible Token?
- → Non-Fungible Token aren’t a good investment (This coming from someone working with several groups and gov agency to help make Non-Fungible Token part of day to day life, and make things easier and more secure for everyone)
- → Politicians keep pointing to crypto scams as a major reason to ban/oppose crypto. Crypto scammers around the world cost users a total of $14 billion. While just Americans alone lost $29.8 Billion to phone scams. So what gives? Is this blind hate or do these counter-points hold up.
- → This is GOLD! I recently posted about 2 rugpullers arrested by the FBI under orders from the DOJ and reading out more about it I found out that we now have our first Director of the National Cryptocurrency Enforcement Team! This is absolutely amazing. We coming for you scammers and swindlers!! [Crypto News]
- → Not including layer 1’s, layer 2’s, dex’s, meme, Non-Fungible Token marketplaces what up and coming Crypto Project has caught your eye?
- → Yuga Labs sued for “inflated BAYC Non-Fungible Tokens” by Law firm Scott+Scott. The lawsuit states that Bored Ape Yacht Club used celebrity endorsements to inflate its Non-Fungible Tokens. Average prices have dropped in 3 months from $425,000, to around $115,000 now. Do you think #BAYC inflated Non-Fungible Token prices?
- → Bidding on the FIRST flight ticket issued as a Non-Fungible Token just ended(MADRID -> MIAMI). Mass adoption is coming, the real use cases are here! TravelX in partnership with Air Europa built on top of Algorand! FLIGHT TICKET Non-Fungible Tokens ARE HERE! This is a moment to remember in crypto history.