- This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Reanga87.
- Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 19:42 #205745DymmesdaleParticipant
A while back, I posted looking for help with my stolen wallet. I fell for a phishing attack, and the scammer/hacker stole my ETH, a bunch of Matic I had deposited in AAVE, and then put a sweeper on my wallet to prevent me from recovering the rest of my funds.
Luckily for me, they didn’t steal everything they could have, and I made out with over half of my investment in a clean wallet. Still, it hurt though to see around $1k worth of crypto in this forbidden wallet.
So the other day I decided to check it out on polygonscan again. Turns out they had started using my wallet to hold some Matic swap and ape coin. The sweeper hasn’t been put back on yet, so I moved half a Matic in and recovered my Curve deposits. Fuck Yeah!!
I moved out as much amUSDC as I could, but when I went to the AAVE app, it said I have nothing deposited. I have tried looking at it from mobile and desktop, and both have no record of my deposits.
This seemed weird, because the same thing happened with Yieldly recently, where I went to claim my rewards on some staked LP tokens, and it said I had nothing deposited.
Seems weird that AAVE on Polygon and Yieldly on Algorand would be having the same issue…
But in the end (so far) I am just glad to have recovered a good chunk of crypto that I was afraid would be gone forever!Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 19:42 #205746ipetgoat1984
Nice! Love a good comeback story!Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 19:42 #205747nanaymonaenae
What went through their mind to store some of their coins on the compromised wallet, that you still have access to? lolThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 19:42 #205748nfraxx
How dumb can they be 😂Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 19:42 #205749kirtash93
Congrats! At least you recovered a part. Those scammers will end in jail and/or in hell.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 19:42 #205750jakekick1999
Hey man, happy for youThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 19:42 #205751Reanga87
Check aave version.
Might be in V2 and new UI shows va by default.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Daedalus: I usually sync my wallet every couple of days. But today, when I went to sync it said first it had an update. Afterwards, the wallet no longer connects to the node, so it cannot sync or do anything really. Anyone else having problems connecting their wallet to the node so it can sync?
- → Fail to join waiting list for SAGA phone
- → Please vote The Lovelace Saga by Pritesh/Kaizen