- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months, 1 week ago by ts_wrathchild.
- Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:02 #343973PrimaryOfficialParticipant
I wanted to hear personal experiences good & bad (pros & cons) transacting with BTC.
Lessons learned, mistakes along the way. & general stories?Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:29 #343974ts_wrathchild
I’ve been transacting with Bitcoin since 2012. I’ve probably spent somewhere in the neighborhood of ~150 BTC in my time for various things over the years.
In short – I have *extensive* experience with BTC transactions.
Not ready for prime time.
Still too much of a hassle – but that’s about to change dramatically when L2 solutions really start coming of age. Inconvenience is the price I pay for helping the network grow I suppose.
We’ll get there.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → For those who need to see this. In 2011 btc was worth $30. Btc halved in 2012. In 2013 we saw a $1000 btc. Btc halved in 2016. In 2017 we saw a $15,000 btc. Btc halved again in 2020 and we saw a $60,000 btc. 2024 is the next halving. 2025 is gonna be interesting.
- → FBI/Ross Ulbricht’s Wallet Address Still Transacting as of 1/20/22
- → A U.S. congressman has introduced the “Keep Your Coins Act” in order to “preserve Americans’ right to privacy in transacting with crypto assets.”
- → Beware when transacting with Kado Money
- → Algorand Founder Silvio Micali Makes 10-Year Prediction On Crypto Markets: “The few blockchains that are really capable of transacting at a very low cost, they’re going to emerge” [Crypto News]
- → ETH address with 35 leading zeros transacting?
- → Anyone else having trouble transacting on oraichain?
- → Transacting and Living off of Monero
- → Privacy advantages when transacting from cex
- → Just setup my first BTC Node, here are my experiences
- → The 3rd largest BTC whale wallet added another 488 BTC Friday & today at $36.4k for $18M. This wallet bought 16,576 BTC since $69k top, now holds 124,487 BTC with cost basis of $22k per BTC vs 124,391 of Saylor with cost basis of $30k !
- → Early BTC miner recollects mining 5 blocks (250 BTC worth $11m today) with a Pentium processor: he mined 160 BTC per 1kWh and thought BTC was overpriced at 5c, so he dumped his coins for $0.003/BTC.
- → Share me the experiences from this please!
- → Experiences with Coinbase card and Coinbase as a “bank” in general?
- → Bisq user experiences