- This topic has 17 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by IAmHippyman.
- Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345715AbsoIutionParticipant
It’s proof of work, limited supply like BTC (84m), no pre-mine. Good for payments, widely accepted everywhere that BTC is, it’s decentralised, and the creator sold his LTC in 2017 to free it from any centralisation. 10 years old and has stood the test of time, is still being actively developed.
It clearly works very well as a payment system, and if we consider BTC digital Gold, could litecoin be considered silver? Silver is much cheaper than gold, less desirable, but has its usage and just quietly goes about its business.
People praise BTC for many aspects which LTC also has, and arguably does some things better, yet it kinda just sits there, existing.
I’d love to see some of your perspectives on it.
I did try to post this to the bitcoin forum category, but quelle surprise it wasn’t approved, because anything other than BTC is a shitcoin, amirite?Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345724pukem0n
Litecoin is the coin with zero place in the market. Nobody understands its purpose, it’s just….there.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345732IAmHippyman
>I did try to post this to the bitcoin sub, but quelle surprise it wasn’t approved, because anything other than BTC is a shitcoin, amirite?
Oh I see. You didn’t come here to talk about LTC. You came here for confirmation bias because you tried to post about another cryptocurrency in a subreddit dedicated to one specific crypto. Give me a break dude. Move on.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345731pyritejet
LTC gets too much hate for no reason is what I thinkWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345730This_Red_Apple
I think it will either explode up or be left behind as skewed development in the space will eventually leave it either well positioned or obsolete in a more mature crypto space. In the meantime, it’s not worth the ‘maybe’ for me personally so I’m sticking with btc and eth to minimize stress.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345729GabeSter
> and the creator sold his LTC in 2017 to free it from any centralisation.
Creator sold at $360
Price is now $58
Homie if I didn’t know any better you just described a rug pull.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345728Dehyak
“It shares a lot of what makes BTC so good.”
So then why not just buy BTC?Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345727marsangelo
Id much rather something like XRP or XLM for payments, robust network infrastructure is more important than physical value or scarcity. Fees are small enough and the chains are fast enough while being decentralized to not really need litecoinWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345726PanicBoners
Litecoin is to Bitcoin what SHIB is to Dogecoin. Its a cheap knockoff that tried to capitalize off the success of another. The world would be better without itWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345725Roy_Playz
Ahhh. We’ve made our way back to the OG shit coin. Lads. Bull run has been COnFiRmEdWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345723Totesthegoats
I mean just look at the BTC/LTC pair, I simply never see to recovering. I believe we’ll eventually go towards the hardest form of money and that’s Bitcoin.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345722jupiter_incident
I can’t hold ltc after Charlie dumped all his bags on us at the top.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345721Invest07723
Generally speaking this sub is not too gung ho about LTC. I like LTC as a currency and I own some, but it’s not a coin I .buying more of during this crash.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345720Wise-Grapefruit-1443
They pulled off the privacy update seamlessly, it appears. That seems like a winWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345719Shaz170
LTC does actually have many positives as you say. When I first came to crypto I bought some but I dont hold now. I thought it had had it’s time and was outdated.
However, a lot of the criticisms of LTC (old tech etc) can also be levelled at btc right? Also LTC has survived so many bears and is still alive. Maybe it is worth me looking at this again.
But it is not cool here so I’ll get downvoted as might OP.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345718tommyslopes
Ltc ain’t bad to use as a real currency. Cheap and quick. No moon l Lambo thoughWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345717mlparff
Only problem with LTC is that it is too much like BTC. When two things are so similar rarely do both end up on top. Why is LTC needed when there is already BTC? The same question can be ask about why BTC is needed when there is LTC. BTC has a big adoption headstart and unlikey LTC will close the gap. There isn’t a need for two cryptocurrencies that do almost exactly the same thing with little differentiation.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 22:17 #345716morey_scagnetti
wow, haven’t seen a Litecoin mention in some time. love a good LTC post. kudos to you
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → BTC forum category mods won’t allow negative posts about BTC. I posted a very unbiased perspective on BTC and it was removed because it “related to trading”. So pretty much this entire forum category is biased. Sucks, I had hope.
- → This forum category is overrun by people that stand to gain from it failing. Most new posts are bad faith oversimplifications or sound like they were written by a computer. We need competent mods that keep this forum category true and productive.
- → This forum category when prices go up: They will go up forever 1M EOY. This forum category when prices go down: It’s going to 10k I told you so.
- → What is Litecoin,How does Litecoin work,difference between Litecoin and Bitcoin?
- → Litecoin hate by bitcoin maxis makes no sense.
- → Alameda Ventures surrendered 4.5M shares in Voyager a week before it suspended trading – makes sure Alameda is no longer an “insider’ after just buying 14.5M shares [Crypto News]
- → “Move to Earn” like STEPN are the latest ponzis. There is no value created in any of this. If we can just move our ass to “earn”, all of us will be billionaires. Unfortunately, someone will be holding heavy bags in the end. Solana founder promoting this as a “paradigm shift” is scummy
- → The number of bearish comments on this forum category makes me bullish
- → It’s not about simply leaving this forum category. It’s about always doing your own research and follow what you believe in, not following the mass. That makes you rich.
- → PSA: DCA’ing is not some god given strategy that this forum category makes it out to be
- → This forum category makes me laugh
- → A day before Elon Musk’s Twitter poll asking if he should sell his shares, his brother sold $108 million in Tesla shares. Stop using this guy for promoting crypto. The memes are part of his facade to distract people
- → On the day of The Merge, I bought 1000 shares of ETHE, which represents 9.8672 ETH. ETHE discount to NAV: -23.70% as of Sept. 13, 2022. I’m now LONG 232 ETH, 200 of which are staked at the current rate of 3.25% APY in ETH rewards, and 1,000 shares of ETHE; HODL to riches!!! LFG!!! GLTA!!!
- → Litecoin now has optional privacy. Privacy coins are PUMPING at the moment, Litecoin will follow suit.
- → MWEB will give Litecoin privacy features. Privacy coins are pumping, Litecoin is primed for a comeback!