- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months, 1 week ago by 4Run4Fun.
- Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 23:52 #344430Sugar_PhutParticipant
I made my first post in here a few weeks back asking for wallet recommendations. I finally stopped procrastinating and ordered it today. Very much looking forward to having it in hand and starting to transfer my assets.
Besides sending a small amount first as a trial run and not losing my seed phrase, any other suggestions?Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 23:59 #344431NitronBot106
Make sure you wipe your wallet and practice a full recovery using your seed so you know how to and that you’ll be able to recover when it’s actually funded.Monday, July 25th, 2022 at 00:37 #344432DaneHenry
Make sure a trusted love one can access your wallet and knows what to do incase you are no longer around.Monday, July 25th, 2022 at 01:24 #3444334Run4Fun
When it arrives, be prepared for MAJOR anxiety when it comes time to push the button on the transfer. Send a small amount first to confirm accuracy and proper functionality, but its still scary as hell sending large amounts. Since the transactions are so cheap, try dividing it into quarters. You wouldn’t want to make a single mistake and lose your whole stash.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → With everything going on with Canada and Trudeau, I worry people are rushing into self-custody without understanding how to protect their money. Here are the three categories and 9 attacks you have to understand before self custody.
- → Any BTC credit cards that will let you self custody and give you a credit limit on your BTC?
- → The next frontier: Custody will be permanently solved with OP_CHECKTEMPLATEVERIFY and forum category-dermal (injectible) NFC wallets
- → Nunchuk BTC wallet epic response to Canadian government demand to freeze bitcoin “Nunchuk is a free to use self-custodial wallet. Not an intermediary. Please look up how self-custody and private keys work. When the Canadian dollar becomes worthless, we will be here to serve you too.”
- → Ape Jpeg Non-Fungible Tokens culture has gone way out of hand. Most hacks victims are people clueless about crypto + custody, either used plaintext keys, or approved/signed on fake websites or phishing victims. The Non-Fungible Token market needs a purge and hackers are already at it
- → Staking SOL on Gemini or Standard Custody and Trust?
- → Took self custody of my keys today
- → Self-Custody Terms every new Bitcoiner should know!
- → It would be interesting to know what the price of BTC would be right now if the exchanges were forced to prove custody
- → Take self custody of your coins please .
- → Want to self-custody, but don’t know where to start? -> Here is a small list of resources to help
- → Bitcoiners who’ve really researched this, is there a simple way to take custody without a hardware device?
- → Today marks the end of a years-long duel between US and Russian authorities to try to get Vinnik into custody for $4 billion worth of BTC money laundering from BTC-e. Vinnik has been under indictment in the Northern District of California since 2017. [Image]
- → #weALGOoffexchanges: I will buy you a Raspberry Pi 4 and help you set up a node on it. You must migrate at least 1,000 Algo off an exchange and preach the gospel of self custody and run it for one year.
- → This is why Self-Custody is important. It reduces chances centralization. Move your ETH to a ledger or Trezor to stop these big exchanges from giving you an IOU as they do what they want with your crypto: