- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 2 weeks ago by angel_entropy.
- Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 14:37 #316306Ivo_ChainNETParticipant
DyDx announced this just a few minutes ago on twitter: [https://twitter.com/dYdX/status/1539607084613902341](https://twitter.com/dYdX/status/1539607084613902341)
They’re citing scalability issues as the main reason for the change.
They’ve also published a blog post with more details: [https://dydx.exchange/blog/dydx-chain](https://dydx.exchange/blog/dydx-chain)
Personally, the security guarantees of an Ethereum L2 are what made me prefer DyDx over alternative protocols.
Is the higher scalability worth the lower security & decentralization? What do you think?Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 14:37 #316307angel_entropy
Isn’t DyDx centralized anyway, it makes sense for DyDx if they aim to be a high volume trading platform
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Does this mean Cosmos is seen as a better host than Ethereum? Cosmos network – dydx chooses cosmos blockchain over Ethereum for a standalone, affirming cosmos as the “best fit”.
- → DEX dYdX builds its own blockchain on Cosmos. Will other DEXs learn dYdX, everyone? 😂
- → The CFTC’s Case against bZx is an Example of “Regulation By Enforcement To Build Precedent”. The Real Reason They’re Doing This Is To Crminilize/Prosecute/Extradite Governance People On Platforms Like DYDX arbitrum, and Especially the v4 Cosmos DYDX Chain.
- → dYdX Ditches Ethereum for Its Own Cosmos Blockchain [Crypto News]
- → DyDx moving to off Ethereum to Cosmos is Massive, but Please remember the Cosmos Philosophy
- → Its hard to believe but, Binance Chain (BNB), Terra (LUNA), Crypto.com Coin (CRO) are all build on the Cosmos SDK.
- → I’ve wrote about details of Cosmos-SDK based blockchain upgrade
- → Rollups come to Cosmos ecosystem with a twist on Cosmos SDK style
- → What do you think the final end game is of Cosmos and Cosmos SDK?
- → Need to move assets cross chain? There’s a new kid on the block and it’s called Stargate Finance. As of now it connects 7 platforms with more to come. It also offers defi with amazing returns on stable coins. I hope this helps for anyone in need to move assets cross chain w ease!
- → Please help stop the reliance of USDT, stop using USDT trading pairs. Use BTC/ETH trading pairs if fiat alternatives are not available.
- → What is IPRO? The Insider Protocol (IPRO) asset is based on its own Imperium blockchain with implemented MW features of fully anonymous transactions. IPRO will be the main index asset of the Imperium blockchain along with the IMC coin and the upcoming proprietary stable coin.
- → Ethereum : ERC-20 = Cosmos : ?? / Ethereum : ERC-721/1155 = Cosmos : ??
- → Myanmar military recently announced 1 year jail for owning crypto and now is planning their own cryptocurrency.Fuck these governments.
- → Circle’s Cross-Chain Transfer Protocol is slated to go live on Avalanche & Ethereum later this year! Allowing for interoperability of native USDC between networks 💰