- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Just-Blow-Into-It.
- Saturday, May 14th, 2022 at 16:30 #273105pihip2Participant
Some people are really underestimating what this merge means exactly. A lot of people know that it will definitely drive consumption WAY lower, but not many realize that this means ETH is going one step forward towards attaining mainstream status.
Aside from the fact that retail companies are pushing all in for eco-friendliness, these companies can’t operate on ETH as long as it’s PoW.
Of course, we still need to wait for sharding for ETH to actually start showing its real efficiency, but there are already enough scaling solutions to compensate for that in my opinion.
These scaling solutions and L2s aren’t playing. Polygon alone has already partnered with so many mainstream traditional companies like Ernst & Young, Dolce & Gabbana, Twitter, Instagram and most importantly Stripe which is a BIG step for crypto as a whole considering Stripe is the 6th largest Fintech company in the world and the 5th most used payment app in the US.
And the fact that this company is using ETH (even if it’s through an EVM chain like Polygon) insights a lot of hope that ETH is on the right path toward mainstream adoption.Saturday, May 14th, 2022 at 16:33 #273106homrqt
And the gas fees? That has certainly hindered adoption as well.Saturday, May 14th, 2022 at 16:34 #273109AbbreviationsLevel73
arent L2s just smart contracts ?Saturday, May 14th, 2022 at 16:55 #273110Just-Blow-Into-It
Proof of stake is just fiat 2.0 don’t be tricked by these shrillsSaturday, May 14th, 2022 at 17:16 #273107LuisNaldo7
TBH for me as a user lower energy consumption has zero benefit.Saturday, May 14th, 2022 at 17:21 #273108Boxman212
The digital USD does pretty well.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Anyone arguing about BTC’s energy consumption understands neither BTC nor energy. BTC’s energy use is a function of its value. The network algorithmically resolves the exact amount of energy (work) required to secure that value at any given time.
- → Media Is Overly Focused on Energy Consumption Component of ETH Merge
- → Tesla will NOT be accepting DOGE…. that’s the reality and to pretend that being able to buy some toys or a belt buckle (835 DOGE) in the Tesla Store is the same thing as actual adoption is disingenuous at best. True adoption = being able to buy a Model S or a Cybertruck using DOGE.