- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 3 weeks ago by llort_lemmort.
- Friday, June 3rd, 2022 at 07:40 #295237llort_lemmortParticipant
The Cardano Foundation put out [this tweet](https://twitter.com/CardanoStiftung/status/1532113892423323648) with a bunch of stats on Cardano a few days ago. Unfortunately there’s no additional explanation of those numbers and IMHO they are misleading. Crypto media then picks up these numbers and write articles that are even more misleading.
First of all the tweet says “Monthly On-Chain Stats” so people might think that Cardano processed 42.5 M transactions last month and 7.74% more than last month. If you look at Cardanoscan or the official explorer you can see that Cardano processes about 100 K transactions every day pretty constantly, so about 3 M per month. So what is this 42.5 M transactions? It’s the total amount of transactions since the start of the blockchain. This number is obviously growing with every transaction so the percentage change is somewhat misleading because it can never be negative. The same is true for the Native Tokens and Plutus Scripts metrics. I’m not sure how they count wallets but I assume it is somewhat similar there.Friday, June 3rd, 2022 at 07:43 #295238llort_lemmort
Imagine Tesla posting in their quarterly reports the total number of cars they sold since the beginning with a positive percentage change compared to last quarter instead of how many cars they sold in that quarter.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Polkadot Partners With Frank McCourt’s Project Liberty to Democratize Social Media Data. Could Blockchain based Social Media Platforms In time Replace Today’s Popular Social Media Networks?
- → Reminder: Literally everything you read or view in the media or from anyone posting in a public forum or social media website about or related to crypto in any way is complete bullshit designed primarily to get clicks, likes and upvotes and not to make you money.
- → The UN Security Council has six official languages. Which projects might be considered the “official languages” of crypto space?
- → The EU will set out new retail investor strategy to catch up with rapid changes in technology & wants retail investors to help build deeper capital markets that rely less on bank loans to fund the economy while also revising laws to give regulators powers to take action against misleading practices [Crypto News]
- → FDIC Issues Cease and Desist Letters to Five Companies For Making Crypto-Related False or Misleading Representations about Deposit Insurance – which includes FTX US
- → Aave Launches Social Media Project Lens Protocol With Over 50 Apps Built on Polygon. Could a Decentralised Social Media Platform Help accelerate the Growth of the Blockchain Ecosystem?
- → Centralised Social media or Decentralised Social media?
- → Is Dotmarketcap an official polkadot’s website or related to polkadot official at all?
- → Holier than thou Jabroni’s downvoted me last time I shared an official SHIB video thinking I was sharing some [insert banned phrase about cars] type material here… Just trying to share twitter posts from the OFFICIAL SHIB handle as an ICYMI PSA for everyone. Here’s the link to the upcoming AMA.
- → Misleading title on kraken post
- → USDD misleading collateral
- → FDIC Issues Cease and Desist Letter to FTX US for False and Misleading Statements
- → Lately I’m seeing more and more news that ETH is a scam, misleading, not safe, pointless, uneffective, ponzi, centralized, risky etc.
- → Coinbase is being very misleading with eth2 to cbeth conversions.
- → How are cryptocurrency taxes reported?