- This topic has 19 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 months, 4 weeks ago by Trevigol.
- Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205974BigFPSParticipant
Attackers have been able to gain access to other users’ accounts through phishing attacks and other means. Once they gain access, they drain the crypto to unknown wallets. This will stop that from happening. They would only be able to send it to a known wallet which also means it can be recovered possibly and the owner of the wallet could be prosecuted. In regards to privacy, even if the owner wants to send to an unknown wallet, they still can after sending it to their own. The example I gave before is I want to send some money to PornHub but I don’t want the exchange knowing for whatever reason. I transfer the crypto to my registered offsite wallet, then from there I send it to Pornhub or whomever I want.
Many people get phished and crypto gets a bad rap when someone gets their account phished and funds stolen.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205984adebeir
So it’s not a bug it’s a feature?Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205993Trevigol
You clearly don’t understand what crypto are for.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205992Deadlock1920
Too many Pornhub and no play, makes Jack a dull boy.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205991limenlark
Just the fact that this regulation would manifest into enormous database(s) that will be on the INTERNET with very sensitive information involving finances is a terrible idea.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205990rundown03
I bet this guy likes banks.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205989RumPepsi
You’re from the EU propaganda comission huh? A great benefit? Are you insane?Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205988d_d0g
Peeking to make sure nobody else is questioning authority…
![gif](giphy|3oEjIahOMMlR4SpILm)Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205987fruitbliss
>Exchanges are required to act more like banks and force KYC on external transfers
Bu-Bu-Bullish for crypto, bros?!Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205986Ceago
Lotta posts coming out of the woodworks explaining to us how this is *clearly* a good thing…
Hmmmm….Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205985gamamal
This has to be a troll right?Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205983doctorLuciffer
it’s just an episode on the crypto journeyThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205982ccMudButt
Know your hackerThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205981crytonomicon
Hold up. First, whitelists. Second, it doesn’t work that way lolThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205980KakarotoCryptoniano
it is good and bad at the same time.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205979ClubbyTheCub
Can’t they just create a new, unknown wallet and send it there?Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205978surrender_the_juice
What if the person phishing is not in the UK?Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205977Nostalg33k
Yes but this is not the point of crypto. If you can’t take responsibility for yourself, crypto shouldn’t be your venture..Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205976Berry_Mckockimur
Hypothetically if I stole your crypto and wanted to get around this I would just exchange it for monero then bnb and code a fake defi lottery to let me win all the stolen money I already stoleThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:57 #205975document87x
Yes but still the cons outweigh this single benefit by quite a lot. It’s violating the basic tenant of self custody which is unacceptable when it comes to crypto.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → How can someone report taxes on an account they, for whatever reason, can’t access? For example, a Coinbase account where multiple conversions have taken place, which is a taxable event in the U.S. And hypothetically I have forgotten my account password and by no option can gain access to it….
- → Adalite has the multi account feature, but as a note it says that this feature is currently not supported by other wallets and you can not see the funds from the 2nd account, how can I access them if adalite does not work?
- → My ledger was hacked and the funds in it were sent to an unknown wallet address. Anyways for me to recover these funds now that my wallet was drained ???? Or is this just stolen and gone forever now ??