- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Wubbywub.
- Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 08:11 #294462Gods_Shadow_mtgParticipant
For those who are unfamiliar with the term Internet of Blockchains, this post is about the **Inter Blockchain communication Protocol (IBC)** or in other words: **The Cosmos Ecosystem**
The Inter blockchain communication protocol has grown to connect \~50 self souvereign blockchains into one seemless, interoperable ecosystem in 2022. Notable Blockchains include the **Cosmos HUB**, **Osmosis**, **Juno**, **Secret network**, **Evmos** & many others.
While **Terra (Luna)** has been a part of the Cosmos ecosystem & has been built upon the Cosmos SDK, the modular nature of IBC allowed for the wider ecosystem to contain the problematic event to the Terra chain. Nonetheless, economic damages have of course occured due to the rapic decline in value of both Luna & UST.
Notably, both BTC and Ethereum have been connected to Cosmos in 2022 and are available for purchase throughout the ecosystem.
Moreover, the underlying technology of both the IBC as well as the Cosmos SDK has worked flawlessly throughout 2021 & 2022.
The Cosmos SDK is the most widely adopted underlying blockchain development kit out there, which does not only include the 50 chains that are already IBC connected but also the likes of Polygon, Binance Smart chain as well as Thorchain. This does not mean, that chains that are not utilising the Cosmos SDK cannot connect to IBC though – on the contrary! Both POS & POW chains of any variety can connect to IBC and many chains are already working on joining the biggest of Crypto Families!
Cosmos Ecosystem 30 day stats:
The Cosmos Ecosystem is currently processing around 5.000.000 cross chain transfers a month with a volume of around 10 billion USD. In addition, there are millions upon millions of onchain transactions each month of course.
Most recently and after some delay, EVMOS, the Cosmos SDK EVM compatible IBC connected blockchain has launched successfully (including a significant airdrop) and has quickly become a vibrant part of the wider cosmos ecosystem. Some Projects have already launched their applications upon Evmos and many more are expected to expand their services from Ethereum to EVMOS in the future.
Crescent Network (formerly gravity dex) has migrated to becoming its own blockchain DEX and has had a successful launch as well (including a significant airdrop).
… there are bazillions of other news but I cannot cover all of them, these were the two most significant ones to me anyway.
full disclosure: I just love the Cosmos ecosystem and I think that everyone who believes in Crypto should already be a part of the Cosmos ecosystem as it provides everything one could want from it imo.
anyway, until next time.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 08:40 #294464Castr0-
When we think we could get better internet we get Blockchain internet. Is like a fusion.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 08:53 #294465Wubbywub
how does Cosmos compare to layer zero?Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 09:25 #294463humiteetbe
i’m really hoping interoperability projects will be the next to get widespread attention, connectivity/ collaboration between chains is such a cool concept
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Since June 1st there has been more than 7.5 million FAILED transactions on Ethereum. Each failed transaction still charged the sender. The highest fee for a failed transaction was 28,527,830 gas on June 4th. [Crypto News]
- → Wageroo Ecosystem Updates for June 23, 2022 – USA Avg gas price wager closes tomorrow, UFC fight night and Stakeroo eligibility deadline June 24
- → It took Ethereum a ton of congestion before it became what it is today; stop expecting newer blockchains to perform as good as one of the first blockchains
- → Does anyone think that Polkadot’s exclusivity might put it at a disadvantage compared to Cosmos as the ‘internet of blockchains’ adoption standard?
- → Polygon: Ethereums Internet of Blockchains
- → What you need to know about the Internet of Blockchains $COSMOS
- → ⟠ Latest Week in ETH News! PoW switch off target of June; Blockscan instant messaging; Arbitrum update lowers transaction fees
- → Opulous Development Update: June 2022
- → Solana Tech Update (June 3-9, 2022)
- → Cardano June 2022 Monthly Update
- → ACK-J MAGIC Grant June Update!
- → $1k into the Top 10 Cryptos on January 1st, 2019 (JUNE Update/Month 42) +126%
- → The world should cut Russia off from SWIFT and crypto by cutting internet access. Can’t turn to crypto if they can’t access the internet.
- → Financial institutions didn’t believe in the internet when it first came out. Today 99% of trades are done on the internet. What’s stopping crypto from proving financial institutions wrong as well?
- → First image: Diagram of the entire internet in 1973. Second image: 27 years later, December 5th, 2000, right after the dotcom bubble burst. Headline reads: “Internet may be just a passing fad as millions give up on it.”