- This topic has 15 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago by _thewoodsiestoak_.
- Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350292AGROCRAG004Participant
I really think there is a more than likely chance that when the ETH merge happens, or right before it will trigger a massive “buy the rumor sell the news” event.
ETH has been pumping recently and I suspect this is the “buy the rumor” phase.
IF there is to be lower lows and another big leg down in the crypto markets I think the ETH merge could be the perfect storm that provides that.
So, I guess to hedge against this possibility I would be taking some profits on the way up. Or at least keeping dry powder on the side to see how things play out sept-dec.
Also, if the merge doesn’t go off perfectly that could also be reason for a sell off in the mid to short term. I would argue there’s a much higher chance the merge has issues or gets pushed out and delayed further.
What do you guys think?Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350293LastLivingSouls
The catalyst for the leg down will be the macro environment, not anything to do with Ethereum. Just keep stacking your bags at any level you can afford.Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350294Dabba-The-HuttOG
I’ve been holding for a pretty damn long time and nothing at this point will make me want to sell, so yeah…. I don’t careSaturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350295amanneox
Don’t care stack till 10KSaturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350296nick83487
There may be a sell off but there’s nothing that can be done about it.Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350297Baecchus
My thoughts as well. ETH did a 2x in a bear market DURING a recession. Hell, if it went 2x in a bull market I’d still expect a pullback. FOMO will burn people here.Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350298tritonx
Switching from POW to POS is very ambitious…
It will be an interesting experiment to witness.Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350299Cravensworth_redux
What is that fluttering in the breeze? A bull flag for Eth! YOLO!Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350300Parush9
It could be leg down or could be leg up who knows . No one knows shit until merge is done 😆Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350301jesuzombieapocalypse
I’m not making the mistake of assuming that merge is as close as they say it is, but afaic there’s no good reason not to have a gang of limit buys in for every coin you like in case of a massive selloff. I’m sure as hell not missing my chance to buy at those levels again (or lower). My lowest limit buy I have ready for ETH right now is at $585 lolSaturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350302ismirschlecht
>ETH has been pumping recently and I suspect this is the “buy the rumor” phase.
When? Last year? ETH is down like 70% from ATH.
Actually I think people will read about it or see it on the news and they will buy…Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350303HeirOfRhoads
NoSaturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350304surrender_the_juice
This is not the anti hopium I wanted to hear.Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350305Kilv3r
It can definitely go down, up or sideways, that’s for sure.Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350306WizMCrypto
CryptoCurrency post saying something gonna go wrong? Time to put some money in thisSaturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:44 #350307_thewoodsiestoak_
Never skip leg day.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → The huge moves on BCH may be insiders who knew about Coinflex problems and made huge market gambles based on that info expecting a huge crash. So they shorted the price from $300 to $100 and now want to close in profit.
- → I just bought 1.02 ETH at the rate of $1,460 per ETH. I may buy another 31 ETH, if it falls to $1000. I now have 155.78 ETH to date. 150 ETH are currently staked at CB at 3.67% APR for ETH2 rewards. Becoming an ETH Validator will allow me to earn about 1% more. Is that even worth it? GLTA!!!
- → Ethereum inches closer to the Merge with Sepolia Testnet Launch. I have 165 ETH currently staked at 3.25% APR in ETH2 rewards. By year 2030, I will have about 214 ETH, assuming the rate stays constant. As you all should know, after the Merge ETH staking yield is expected to DOUBLE. HODL!!! GLTA!!!
- → I have reached the 200 ETH club. From now on, I’ll let staking increase my ETH holdings. You all should know that post merge, staking yields are likely to double and so will my staked earnings. And in due time, I will recoup my original investment in ETH, by selling ETH earned via staking. GLTA!!!
- → To become an ETH validator, you must buy 32 ETH. 32 ETH today (@ the rate $1700/ETH) is about a $55K investment. Assuming post-merge the staking yield doubles (from 4% – 8% APR), the following is an earnings projection from staking as a validator over a 8-year period. Not a bad investment!!! GLTA!!!
- → ETH founder Vitalik Buterin says crypto payments will “make sense” as transaction fees fall under a cent. Do you think the ETH 2.0 merge will reduce gas fees on ETH ETH?
- → The Merge trade is on. Ethereum developers target mid to late September date for the merge to happen. Going into the year end, ETH will take the lead, not BTC. I’m currently long-term 176.06 ETH, 161 of which are staked at 3.25% APR in ETH2 rewards, and HODL 2030 to riches!!! GLTA!!!
- → The Bellatrix upgrade just went live on the Ethereum Beacon Chain. Next up is the mainnet merge which will happen in less than 9 days. The Merge is coming. I’m long 210 ETH, 200 of which are staked at 3.26% APY in ETH rewards, and HODL to richest!!! GLTA!!!
- → BTC could ‘easily’ recover to hit $100K over next the 24 months, powered by tech developments and macroeconomic improvements, says Skybridge Capital’s Anthony Scaramucci. If so, ETH can easily reach $5K if BTC reaches the $100K mark. Don’t forget, we have The Merge catalyst too. PT: $8K. GLTA!!!
- → Will there be an impact on Cardano after a successful merge of Ethereum PoW/PoS merge? Will Ethereum become PoS 100% after this merge in 3 days?
- → Google Cloud developer Sam Padilla announced Friday that an Ethereum Merge countdown clock is live in the Google Search engine. Searches for “Ethereum Merge” now return a native countdown clock along with the current hashrate, difficulty, and merge difficulty. GLTA!!!
- → Huge testing milestone for ETH: Ropsten testnet Merge set for June 8
- → We would still need to drop a lot more to end the overall bull cycle. In fact, we haven’t dropped low enough yet. If we start to prematurely form a bottom now, it could mean much higher prices for the next leg up.
- → A year ago today, BTC went to $64,863 – the top of the first leg of the bull run of 2021
- → The Central Bank of Italy Banca d’Italia has just published a new report evaluating DvP (Delivery vs Payment) between DLTs and traditional market infrastructure. The team selected Algorand to manage the asset leg of their research