- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week, 6 days ago by Dhanush30.
- Friday, September 23rd, 2022 at 14:37 #380392leonhelgoParticipant
As a Stablecoin Lover and Liquity User, I am so excited for the next two days.
On Sunday the 25th of September, the DeFi Franc will launch. Today, the MON Bootstrapping will be open for two days. In this article i want to tell you everything you need to know about the DeFi Franc (DCHF) and what i like about it.
The Defi Franc is a decentralized borrowing protocol that allows you to draw 0% interest loans against ETH and wBTC used as collateral. Loans are paid out in DCHF (a Swiss Franc pegged stablecoin) and need to maintain a minimum collateral ratio of only 110%.
The DeFi Franc protocol is a further developed version of the Liquity protocol (officially endorsed friendly fork) and their stablecoin LUSD. In comparison, the DCHF is pegged to the value of one Swiss Franc (CHF) instead of the USD, allows for more collateral types and is designed to support native leverage on crypto-assets and LP Tokens.
Following some highlights I am really excited about:
* **The Swiss Franc**
In a world full of USD stables, sth different, The DCHF is pegged to the strongest currency in history: The Swiss Franc (CHF). This also is really interesting for me because the US Government has no influence on it.
We all know what happened with USDC and Tornado Cash. Because every DCHF is freshly minted, the token is a lot more fungible than many alternative.
* **0% Interest Rates**
Borrowing the DeFi Franc only costs a one-time borrowing fee of 0,5%. It offers 0% interest for the entire lifespan of your position.
* **Multiple Collateral Types**
You can deposit ETH or wBTC as collateral to borrow the DCHF.
* **Capital Efficiency**
A Collateral Ratio of just 110% ensures that you get the most out of your capital.
* **Always Overcollateralized**
There is always more ETH or wBTC deposited as collateral than DCHF in circulation.
* **Directly Redeemable**
DCHF can be redeemed at face value for the underlying collateral.
* **Yield Generating Collateral**
You can deposit LP Tokens such as USDT-USDC-DAI-LP as collateral. Because you pay 0% interest, and LP Tokens increase in value, in a way, you get paid for taking out a loan.
You can increase your exposure to your favorite asset. ALSO to Yield Generating Assets such as the mentioned LP Tokens. If you 10x leverage a Stablecoin Pool that pays 10% yield, you would generate 100% annual yield.Friday, September 23rd, 2022 at 14:37 #380393ChelsieHayhurst
I fucking love that you can deposit LP Tokens as collateral!Friday, September 23rd, 2022 at 14:37 #380394AmeliaWimberly
This can really compete with Abracadabra, like that they are doxxed.Friday, September 23rd, 2022 at 14:37 #380395Dhanush30
Do really like this way of improving liquidity. Have been a long-time user and always wished for this.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → It shouldn’t be the responsibility of the Foundation to boost DeFi yields. DeFi protocols should distribute their own governance tokens to boost yields just like every other DeFi protocol on every other blockchain.
- → Staking CHT (franc stablecoin) on Terra
- → Central African Republic officially adopted BTC as legal tender, they are part of a pact of 6 countries that all use the CFA franc currency. A domino effect may be incoming…
- → Zeed Protocol Exploit: Explained. Hacker exploits DeFi Protocol “Zeed” and leaves contract worth $1 Million to self destruct [Crypto News]
- → With the recent hacks and mess ups in DeFi, which DeFi protocol is worth my funds?
- → Been hearing some questions about DeFi and DeFi 2.0. That’s alright peeps, believe me even for experienced users, DeFi can be challenging to understand.
- → Indian govt’s latest clown show: 20% TDS on DeFi transactions! They want DeFi protocols to deduct 20% tax. These clowns dont even understand anything about crypto or defi
- → Krew Launches Klaytn-based DeFi Accelerator to Support Next Wave of DeFi Startups, is it the future of Korean DeFi?
- → DeFi frens, what are your top tricks for finding the best Defi farms, and what are your favorite DeFi ecosystems?
- → from talking to lawyers and devs for the last two weeks re: sanctions stuff, I think USGoV has won Andre Cronje’s prediction that DeFi will divide into “regulated DeFi” and “badlands DeFi” has come true and most blue-chip projects will embrace the former
- → Is Anchor Protocol Legit. My Deposit is wiped out in Anchor Protocol.
- → For USA users, when will transak’s anchor protocol 0 fees to buy UST (not to send to anchor protocol but just to buy from transak) end? Or already ended?
- → How the protocol works The Nirvana protocol produces the NIRV and ANA tokens on the Solana blockchain. ANA is the first metastable token with a rising floor – a store of wealth with permanent gains, limited downside, and unlimited growth. NIRV is powered by ANA’s reserves. It is a decentralized sup
- → DAO acquisition: PieDAO an asset allocation protocol on Ethereum acquires BasketDAO a smaller protocol with a similar focus
- → Proof of Humanity DAO just voted whether to fork the protocol or make no changes – 52% agreed to keep the protocol as is