- This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Pezzonovante__.
- Friday, July 1st, 2022 at 22:23 #324355SocialinfluencingParticipant
Imagine this, there’s a place where you leave your money but it’s not a bank, surely banks are the worst right? I introduce to you the crypto exchange and trading platform industry.
Imagine being told that your withdrawals cannot be completed because of some arbitrary reason involving half baked legalities that neither you nor them will be held accountable for by any other party.
The crypto market currently is in pain not just because of the economy but there’s simply no trust and no reason to trust them. Sooner or later they all crack and reveal that they are no better than a thief under the right circumstances.Friday, July 1st, 2022 at 22:23 #324356ImaFreemason
Fn crazy that they do this with people’s money and get away with it, but you catch Johnny with a fake cheque and give him 12 years…Friday, July 1st, 2022 at 22:23 #324357shitcanfly
How did people get into the celsius and Voyager thing.
I’ve been in this space since 2017 and never heard of them.Friday, July 1st, 2022 at 22:23 #324358Harold838383
In this regard some regulation is necessaryFriday, July 1st, 2022 at 22:23 #324359FootballBat69
Not your keys. Not your coinsFriday, July 1st, 2022 at 22:23 #324360Setyman
Hard agree. I wouldn’t trust a shady third party like that with my money, that’s why I absolutely prefer self custody.
Not your keys, not yours coins. It’s the golden rule for a reason.Friday, July 1st, 2022 at 22:23 #324361fan_of_hakiksexydays
You do realize exchanges and banks aren’t the same thing right?
An exchange is not a crypto version of a bank. It’s just a platform to trade on.
Crypto exchanges work the same way as any brokerage and exchange platform.
Remember when RH, TD Ameritrade and other exchanges blocked the trading of GME? Also based on bullshit terms.
This is nothing new or exclusive to crypto.
In fact, in the US, crypto exchanges operate under the same rules and regulations as any other exchange.
The issue is not crypto exchanges, but centralized exchanges.Friday, July 1st, 2022 at 22:23 #324362AfGandalfistan
Thats why we have BasicSwap. The truly private, secure and open source DEX.Friday, July 1st, 2022 at 22:23 #324363s0ckergris
This is why I’m sticking with DEXes.Friday, July 1st, 2022 at 22:23 #324364secondderivative99
My friend. If you wanted the protection and security of a bank you should have used…. a bank.Friday, July 1st, 2022 at 22:23 #324365Pezzonovante__
That’s CEXes for you. Pretty typical in this market to get played, but you all know how self custody works.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → NFTs just replaced shitcoins/memecoins as the new gambling den.
- → The crypto scene is not even close to its peak yet. I mean we’re now witnessing the growth of numerous crypto spaces and each of those still has a lot of potential to go for.
- → hello community! ,new to the crypto scene and I’m curious what people are using for wallet / trading platform are there any information you can help with a noob trying to understand the world of crypto?
- → Alleged ransomware attacker extradited to the US, $28.2 million in bitcoin seized.Warning to all Crypto thieves and Scammers,One day you will be caught too
- → How do thieves launder money in crypto?
- → Canadian man out $81,000 after unknowingly using trading platform that was front for thieves [News]
- → BTC Fixes This: Two Armed Guards Left their Brink’s Big Rig, Giving a Gang of Thieves Time to Steal up to 100 Million Dollars at California Truck Stop
- → Why don’t miners just take the pot from honey pot thieves by including the transaction to take the money directly into their next mined block instead of submitting it to the mempool?
- → Everyone should buy crypto. Everyone should learn about crypto. Its here to stay. They cant make it go away. Current currency as it is is a debt on a debt. It is bound to collapse or brin major poverty. Crypto world is the solution. Help urself, learn crypto.
- → Gold “2022” Movie Scene
- → Owning cryptocurrency may make you more desirable on the dating scene, study finds
- → Using cryptocurrency scene as a platform for art commissions
- → Taro hits the scene – “A taproot powered protocol for issuing assets on the BTC”
- → How is the DeFi scene going on DOT?
- → I have some questions about Cardano’s metaverse/ NFT scene