- This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by keeprollin420.
- Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 08:22 #316878Laughingboy14Participant
Cryptocurrency News – Tether to launch GBPT, a British pound-pegged stablecoin in July.
Read Here (Article Link):
What are your thoughts after reading this news article?Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 08:22 #316879ThimbleweedPark
Backed by fish and chips.Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 08:22 #316880I-LUV-CUPCAKES-AND-U
I have mixed feelings
It’s good to have a GBPT pegged coin but not from tetherThursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 08:22 #316881coinfeeds-bot
tldr; Tether is launching GBPT, a stablecoin pegged to the British pound sterling (GBP). The coin will launch in early July and will initially be supported by the Ethereum blockchain. GBPT will be built by the team of developers behind Tether’s main stablecoin, USDT, and operate under its main website.
*This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace reading the original article. As always, DYOR.*Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 08:22 #316882thegooddocgonzo
Awesome, now the Oi Bruvs can FUD along with us Yanks!Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 08:22 #316883TokyoBaguette
Interesting – backed by what?Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 08:22 #316884CymandeTV
When we will have a EUR pegged stablecoin.Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 08:22 #316885Ghostly1031
Backed by the dental industryThursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 08:22 #316886druidcitychef
Lol.Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 08:22 #316887Lunar_Horticulture
Come July we’ll probably have got to £1 = $1 with how much the £ is tankingThursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 08:22 #316888keeprollin420
The leading stablecoin company, Tether, is expanding its stablecoin offering with a new cryptocurrency pegged to the British pound sterling (GBP) called GBPT.
The upcoming coin will launch in early July and will initially be supported by the Ethereum blockchain.
GBPT will be a stable digital currency pegged on the 1:1 ratio to the GBPT, aiming to provide a faster and cheaper option for asset transfers.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Tether launches a new stablecoin pegged to the Mexican peso [Crypto News]
- → Absolutely insane and scary interview with Tether CTO yesterday. “Tether is literally not pegged to the dollar as the name and marketing suggest. It’s packed to your portfolio of assets and it’s worth is determined by what the market believes, which isn’t always stable.”
- → Terra’s UST Stablecoin is now the #3 Stablecoin in Crypto, #1 Algorithmic Stablecoin [Crypto News]
- → Are people buying binance pegged BEP20 SHIB token instead of ETH pegged SHIB?
- → ‘Backed’ and ‘algorithmic’ ‘stablecoins’ aren’t really related to each other and aren’t honestly stable. They should be called ‘trust-pegged’ and ‘buffer-pegged’ respectively
- → Crypto Whales Ditched Tether for USDC After Stablecoin Panic [Crypto News]
- → Tether’s USDT stablecoin launches on Polygon in the attempt to expand their reach in the Crypto Market. [Crypto News]
- → Am I missing something about this fork? They said they aren’t going to have an accompanying stablecoin to Luna V2. The whole point of Luna was it was a dual coin stablecoin where Luna is there to absorb volatility of the stablecoin. What would the utility of Luna v2 even be?
- → ETH-based protocol, AAVE launches a new collateral-backed stablecoin, GHO, and rivals MakerDAO DAI stablecoin. Is Aave launching a collateral stablecoin?
- → Tether CTO: “Tether is Fully Backed, Has ‘Never Failed a Redemption’” [Crypto News]
- → First Spot BTC ETF accepted to launch in Europe in July [Crypto News]
- → British MP Calls for ‘Liberal’ Crypto Regulation — Says ‘No Country Can Stop This Revolution’ [Crypto News]
- → $7.6b in Tether has been withdraw since Thursday. The stablecoin survives a depeg crisis after dipping to $0.95 then recovering back up to $1 [Crypto News]
- → Investors withdraw over $7 billion from tether, raising fresh fears about stablecoin’s backing [Crypto News]
- → Stablecoin Giant Tether (USDT) Struggles to Maintain Dominance [Crypto News]