- This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months, 3 weeks ago by CymandeTV.
- Friday, June 17th, 2022 at 20:46 #310973Lee911123Participant
Cryptocurrency News – Tether: The Coin That Could Wreck Crypto.
Read Here (Article Link):
What are your thoughts after reading this news article?Friday, June 17th, 2022 at 20:50 #310976ShanktarDonetsk
Seems like everything is wrecking crypto these days?Friday, June 17th, 2022 at 20:52 #310984CymandeTV
If tether collapse… It will be the bottom of this cycle and great but opportunities. But I hope it won’t happens.Friday, June 17th, 2022 at 20:53 #310979gimmedatcrypto
Something something LUNA something something Justin Sun something rugpull something something not your keys something something regurgitated nonsense something somethingFriday, June 17th, 2022 at 20:55 #310983BlubberWall
Proud tether maximalistFriday, June 17th, 2022 at 20:59 #310978sith_happenss
Tether or ether?Friday, June 17th, 2022 at 21:01 #310974coinfeeds-bot
tldr; As cryptocurrencies have plunged, attention has focused on a potential vulnerability: the market’s reliance on a so-called stablecoin called Tether. Tether is the dominant issuer of stablecoins, a type of cryptocurrency pegged to a stable asset like the U.S. dollar. Last month, Tether was forced to pay out $10 billion to investors who wanted to exchange their Tethers for dollars.
*This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace reading the original article. As always, DYOR.*Friday, June 17th, 2022 at 21:07 #310975Chet_kranderpentine
Tether: the bandaid that’s gonna really hurt crypto’s butthair when it gets ripped offFriday, June 17th, 2022 at 21:11 #310980prosenl1
COULDFriday, June 17th, 2022 at 21:20 #310977SqrHornet
I couldn’t agree more. It’s a fucking time bomb and it may be really dangerous for whole industry when it takes offFriday, June 17th, 2022 at 21:39 #310981Shaderobes
Would be great if it happens this year as it would go well with the future interest rate hikes, thus dropping the value of assets by a huge discount.Friday, June 17th, 2022 at 21:46 #310982cavebaby
It would be healthy to see Tether’s dominance portioned out to some other stablecoins, preferably ones with more reliably backed assets.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Tether : the coin that could wreck crypto – The New York Times (full article on archive.is) [Crypto News]
- → Tether CTO: “Tether is Fully Backed, Has ‘Never Failed a Redemption’” [Crypto News]
- → Absolutely insane and scary interview with Tether CTO yesterday. “Tether is literally not pegged to the dollar as the name and marketing suggest. It’s packed to your portfolio of assets and it’s worth is determined by what the market believes, which isn’t always stable.”