- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 3 weeks ago by socalquest.
- Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 15:02 #294693socalquestParticipant
Dawn Fitzpatrick – CEO and CIO at Soros Fund Management – doubled down on her pro-crypto stance, predicting the asset class is “here to stay.” She believes that climate impact will play a vital role in the industry, and as such, ETH “is likely to gain some more traction than BTC.”
ETH to Outperform BTC?
In an interview for Bloomberg, the American investment banker Dawn Fitzpatrick outlined the recent progress of the cryptocurrency sector. Specifically, she opined that “it’s gone mainstream” with Fidelity’s decision to allow investors to add bitcoin to their retirement 401(k) plans.
Fitzpatrick thinks the environmental impact will be an important feature in the future, and it could define which digital assets will pick up steam. Having that said, ETH has a chance to “gain more traction” than BTC since it is on its way to shifting from the energy-intensive proof-of-work mining model to proof-of-stake.
The process, known as “The Merge,” is highly anticipated within the community as Vitalik Buterin’s blockchain brainchild will have a greener focus. Currently, ETH (like BTC) requires a significant amount of energy to power its supercomputers. According to some estimates, it consumes approximately 112 terawatt-hours of electricity per year, more than what Pakistan or the Philippines use.
A few weeks ago, Buterin said the “The Merge” is likely to happen at the end of this summer or the beginning of autumn.
Fitzpatrick touched upon blockchain technology, too, stating that companies in the space “have massive treasury accounts,” which creates a near-term vulnerability. At the same time, “blockchain technology is going to have some great applications,” the executive forecasted.
Keen on BTC, too
It is worth mentioning that Fitzpatrick is also in favor of the primary cryptocurrency, despite her more bullish views on ETH. Several months ago, she argued that BTC had emerged as more than just an inflation hedge:
“I’m not sure BTC is only viewed as an inflation hedge here. I think it’s crossed the chasm to mainstream.”
Furthermore, she said Soros Fund Management owns some digital assets (though not a huge amount). The company started trading BTC last summer, while other cryptocurrencies have also caught its attention.
Soros Fund Management is a private investment management firm based in New York. Established in 1970 by George Soros, it is currently among the most profitable entities in the hedge fund industry. As of the end of 2021, it had over $7 billion under management.
Original article can be found here: [https://cryptopotato.com/soros-fund-management-ceo-is-more-bullish-on-ethereum-than-bitcoin/](https://cryptopotato.com/soros-fund-management-ceo-is-more-bullish-on-ethereum-than-bitcoin/)Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 15:03 #294694socalquest
I’m also long a smaller position in bitcoin through the GBTC fund. GLTA!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → STAKING GAINS… I have a total of 140 ETH currently staked at 3.68% APR in ETH2 rewards. I’m projected to earn about 0.43 ETH per month, 6 ETH yearly, 48 ETH total in 8 years (year 2030). I plan to stake and HODL to year 2030. Stack, Stake and HODL ETH to riches!!! GLTA!!!
- → Need some reasons to be bullish on ETH? I’ve got 5👇 Take a look – The Merge – The Surge – The Verge – The Purge – The Splurge. I’m currently long-term 186.18 ETH, of which 171 ETH are staked at 3.25% APR in ETH2 rewards, and HODL 2030 to riches!!! GLTA!!!
- → Researcher Vivek Raman said that after the Merge, ETH inflation will be lower, security will be better and ETH will position itself as a digital bond. I’m currently long-term 170.92 ETH, 161 of which are staked at 3.25% APR in ETH2 rewards. Stake & Hodl 2030 to riches! GLTA!!!
- → The Merge trade is on. Ethereum developers target mid to late September date for the merge to happen. Going into the year end, ETH will take the lead, not BTC. I’m currently long-term 176.06 ETH, 161 of which are staked at 3.25% APR in ETH2 rewards, and HODL 2030 to riches!!! GLTA!!!
- → Galaxy Digital’s Jason Urban What Will Drive Ethereum To Flip BTC. I’m currently long-term 177.15 ETH, staked @ 3.25% APR in ETH2 rewards, and HODL 2030 to riches!!!
- → All the forced selling of BTC & ETH is over. It’s time to turn ultra bullish for the Merge going into year end. Therefore, I just bought 5 more ETH for $5500 in unlevered cash. I now have 176 ETH total, 171 of which are staked at 3.25% APR in ETH2 rewards, and Hodl 2030 to riches!!! GLTA!!!
- → Are the Assets at Coinbase Secure? The answer is YES. I’m long-term 154.66+ ETH, staked at 3.68% APR in ETH2 rewards and HODL to riches!!! GLTA!!!
- → Is Ethereum a Good Investment Now? … I’m long-term 165.57+ ETH, 150+ of which are currently staked at 3.67% APR in ETH2 rewards, and HODL 2030 to riches!!! GLTA!!!
- → Setting the record straight: Your funds are safe at Coinbase — and always will be. SO STOP THE FUD and fear mongering!!! I’m currently long-term 176.13 ETH, 171 of which are staked at 3.25% APR in ETH2 rewards, and HODL 2030 to riches!!! GLTA!!!
- → I wrapped all my earned ETH2 to date (5.18 ETH2), then converted to 0.366 BTC!!! BTC looks cheap down here. Why not!!! I’m now long-term 205+ ETH, of which 200 ETH are currently staked at 3.27% APY in ETH2 rewards, and 0.366 BTC!!! HODL to the richest!!! GLTA!!!
- → Coinbase today issued the staking rewards to my account. I’m currently long-term 205 ETH, all staked at 3.25% APR in ETH2 rewards, and HODL to riches!!! GLTA!!!
- → Crypto Capitalist Arthur Hayes Details Massive End-of-Year Forecast for Ethereum (ETH), USD $10,000 ETH. I’m Long-Term 154.66+ ETH, staked and HODL 2030 to riches!!! GLTA!!!
- → Ethereum inches closer to the Merge with Sepolia Testnet Launch. I have 165 ETH currently staked at 3.25% APR in ETH2 rewards. By year 2030, I will have about 214 ETH, assuming the rate stays constant. As you all should know, after the Merge ETH staking yield is expected to DOUBLE. HODL!!! GLTA!!!
- → 2 key ETH derivatives metrics suggest that $880 was its bottom. Data shows ETH option traders are less bearish than before, & margin-based markets recently saw some investors go ultra-long on 491,000 ETH. I’m currently long-term 169.95 ETH, 161 of which are staked at 3.25% APR in ETH2 rewards. GLTA!
- → I just bought 1.02 ETH at the rate of $1,460 per ETH. I may buy another 31 ETH, if it falls to $1000. I now have 155.78 ETH to date. 150 ETH are currently staked at CB at 3.67% APR for ETH2 rewards. Becoming an ETH Validator will allow me to earn about 1% more. Is that even worth it? GLTA!!!