- This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months, 1 week ago by rbrunner7.
- Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 15:41 #344194I_GOTWORM5Participant
How is this possible? They emptied my wallet. My wallet is the monero wallet GUI.
I am confused as to how this is possible.
Is there anything that can be done?Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 15:41 #344195steveblobby
Silly question, but are you sure your wallet is synced?
Funds won’t show otherwise. Just a thoughtSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 15:41 #344196not420guilty
Seems very unlikely unless you gave out your seed phrase or ran a Trojan program or similar.
I suggest you first make sure your wallet is fully synced. If it is next thing to try is to re-scan starting from a date before you first transferred coins into your address. In the gui: settings-> rescan wallet balanceSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 15:41 #344197BusyBoredom
This is possible because at it’s core, your wallet is really just those 25 random seed words you wrote down.
If anyone got access to those 25 words, they could take your money. Did you store those words in a file on your computer? If so and your computer got some nasty malware, the hacker might have gotten your seed.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 15:41 #344198steveblobby
Oh dear, that’s shit. I’m going to avoid boating-related jokes about it, I hope you get it sorted. 🤞Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 15:41 #344199MrHashRate
Do you see an outgoing transaction? If you see one, then you coins are gone.
But if you don’t it,will be a syncing problem. So stay calm en check how to properly sync.
Check the current blockhight vs yours like steveblobby says.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 15:41 #344200rbrunner7
Just to be sure to get that right: Do you see the transaction that “emptied the wallet”? And if yes, does it have a destination address noted?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Cheapest USD>XMR options outside of Kraken? Would consider fiat>other crypto>XMR.
- → Looking for XMR liquidity providers that still haven’t disabled XMR withdrawals
- → THORchain x MONERO – why no help from xmr devs for native XMR on a dex?
- → Hey Guys, I’m new in Monero and installed the cake wallet. Where can i buy xmr now? Is there a wallet in which I can buy xmr? Thanks!
- → Hey guys, I just tried the XMR to BTC swap feature on mymonero. Very neat! I have a couple questions about it. Maybe someone can enlighten me.
- → I remember a few days ago someone said it wouldn’t reach over 2200 ever again. All the more reason why you shouldn’t trust someone else’s opinion.
- → So explain like I’m 5, when someone ‘hacks’ someone’s crypto/nft etc how do they convert it back to fiat?
- → The new EU regulation regarding unknown wallets has a great benefit. Someone who gained access to someone else’s account can’t steal their funds to an unknown wallet.
- → .XMR Domains?
- → cold storage xmr
- → Earning XMR.
- → Cant send XMR with Feather wallet
- → Can’t send XMR from MyMonaro wallet
- → AllArk now offers XMR to BTC Lightning Swap and Gift cards :)
- → Merchants: BTCPay is also perfect for XMR