- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 weeks, 4 days ago by OkSecurity470.
- Monday, November 21st, 2022 at 16:41 #408002the_phallus_of_joyParticipant
Why do you play or do you avoid blockchain games? What is there to like or dislike?
I’ve been wondering since there are not as enough players as there should be, how can crypto gaming ecosystems become more resilient?
Some critics say blockchain games aren’t fun to play because they focus on monetization too much. Would you agree with that?
That is certainly true for some of the first-generation blockchain games, where developers were clearly more concerned with the crypto-earning aspect than with actual gameplay value.
Since then, developers have realized that maintaining a sustainable blockchain gaming ecosystem necessitates more than just the ability to earn, it necessitates an engaging core game design and gameplay mechanics that can keep players hooked and spending time on the game, in addition to a simple desire to earn.
I played numerous of these games because I’m a huge fan of video games and I’m always eager to try something new, there are only a few that made me entertained, Splinterlands, WAM tournaments and Axie but only at the beginning.
Some pay-to-win games are based on unsustainable tokenomics. Another common criticism leveled at the earlier generation of play-to-earn games is that they attract players based on “Ponzinomics,” in which the earnings of players who joined the game earlier are dependent on the ability to sell Non-Fungible Tokens or tokens to new players.
How do devs expect them to have more GameFi players when most people are not familiar with basic crypto terms?Monday, November 21st, 2022 at 16:41 #408003OkSecurity470
try ember sword [public beta has began](https://embersword.global)
its the opposite of what youre talking about
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Crypto/Non-Fungible Token games will fail until they prioritise making games that are actually fun to play, don’t rely on predatory transactions and have a low barrier to entry
- → Play 2 Earn Games Next Generation – How you can earn money 🤑 while having fun 🤩
- → The Sandbox Exclusive: Will play-to-earn games replace traditional games?