- This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by zfride.
- Thursday, July 28th, 2022 at 03:15 #345831Traderdreamer23Participant
So I have a question bitcoin family new to economics…Can someone explain why we pumped off a 0.75 percentage hike? 🟠🟠🟠🟠🟠Thursday, July 28th, 2022 at 03:17 #345832common_citizen_00001
My guess is because it wasn’t the 1.00% everyone thought it would be.Thursday, July 28th, 2022 at 03:29 #345838zfride
someone bought i guessThursday, July 28th, 2022 at 03:36 #345834himtnboy
Today the .75%, tomorrow and Thursday multiple Q2 earnings reports (probably not good) and GDP report. Are we in a recession with 2 quarters of negative growth? Used to be, but the definition was changed last week. If BTC holds it’s price this will show strength. It could take a hit as well. BTC fundamentals are strong, but lots of issues in the periphery.Thursday, July 28th, 2022 at 03:37 #345833Random_Person_246810
The market expected a 75 bps hike. It was Powell’s comments that led to the rally. In short, future hikes may not be as drastic.Thursday, July 28th, 2022 at 04:18 #345835dickingaround
Stop trying to explain every tiny movement of BTC->USD conversion. USD does low-single digit pct moves all the time. BTC has a long history of 20%+ movements in a day. When their conversion moves 10% in a day, that is not enough signal to try and correlate or causal-attribution to anythingThursday, July 28th, 2022 at 04:46 #345836JerryLeeDog
Investors like to see the Fed control inflationThursday, July 28th, 2022 at 05:04 #345837Forward_Cranberry_82
Forget anyone who says anything else, just look at the s&p and you’ll know where bitcoin is going. They’re correlated to the max.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Why Token Economics is different from Economics 101
- → When will fed hike interest rate? What impact will a rate hike have on BTC market?
- → $FRAX Economics Analysis & Token Design | How to analyse token economics of stablecoins
- → Getting an Uber is a simple concept but may be difficult to explain to someone 30 years ago as you would need to explain the internet, smart phones, apps, etc. What relatively mundane concept today (like hailing a cab) will be completely revolutionized as blockchain/crypto technology is built out?
- → Tried to explain what BTC is to a curious friend, and at one point I felt like I was trying to explain TikTok to someone from the year 1993.
- → I have been in Bitcoin for more than a decade at this point, and nothing has convinced more people around me to start DCA saving some of their income in Bitcoin than sending them Michael Saylor videos to help explain Bitcoin to them in a vocabulary that they can understand
- → I’m new to crypto and have been investing in btc recently. Can anyone explain why bitcoin prices are affected by events such as the Russia-Ukraine conflict? what exactly are the variables in these scenarios that has a direct impact on bitcoin value as well as other cryptocurrencies?
- → Some DYOR for a red day: Why it makes sense Bitcoin is dropping, why it might continue to and why that’s not the end of crypto as a whole (originally written at Bitcoin’s ATH)
- → So explain like I’m 5, when someone ‘hacks’ someone’s crypto/nft etc how do they convert it back to fiat?
- → It’s like trying to explain economics to politicians [Image]
- → UST question, can someone explain?
- → Dumb Question Incoming. Can someone explain what I am seeing on the Defly app?
- → Why USTC & LUNC pumped so hard the last few hours? What did I missed? [Image]
- → someone explain to me in basic terms what happens when I deposit bitcoin in wallet
- → EL Salvador started using bitcoin. Arizona trying to pass bills to use bitcoin. Ukraine just legalized bitcoin. Other US states trying to get on with bitcoin. Staples arena is now CRYPTO ARENA. BTC is………down