- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Deeds2020.
- Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 13:12 #379886NckyDCParticipant
Been in crypto for a while and operated on multiple exchanges as a private.
I am the sole owner of my company and as it is doing well and I am sitting on a fair amount of cash which is burning due to inflation I decided to do the saylor move and open an account with an exchange and register as an institution and go through the thorough process of verification.
Now I can happily be like Michael and put BTC on my balance sheet. I will not have 1% of BTC but I will feel better when my money is sitting on my ledger and maturing for the next 10 years.
Way to go.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 13:32 #379887Deeds2020
I would run this by your cpa. Are you expecting to invest with pre-tax money and then not claim that income until you sell? I feel like that’s jail stuff but i don’t know anything.
As a side note, Calls/Puts on microstrategy seems to have the functional effect of being able to short/long bitcoin with options. At what point, if any, is it more of a return to spend 10k in microstrategy leaps or hold the 0.5 btc?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → why is there 2 different addresses on the btc recovery sheet. one has a balance and the other doesn’t. And I can’t seem to get access to the one with balance.
- → SLFMaven to accept BTC as payment for product sales and adopts BTC as corporate treasury reserve asset, “We believe in the future of BTC and that fiat currency systems represent a risk to the productivity of assets on the balance sheet”
- → Why does BTC move in the same direction of Fed interest rate/balance sheet changes and the stock markets? Shouldn’t BTC be a refuge from these irrational, unsustainable markets?
- → Need help checking the Google sheet app script someone on twitter added to Lunaomic’s dynamic delta google sheet
- → Shibaswap not showing/updating rewards since October. I already had both shib, and bone staked. then I bought 1 leash and staked itin october. it is showing 0 rewards for leash and it is now the middle of January. also it’s still showing the same amount of rewards for shin,and bone that I had in oct
- → My company wants to buy some BTC on our balance sheet to hedge against inflation,as a futuristic move etc. Tried multiple options, Coinbase corporate account etc but found multiple roadblocks/companies taking too long to respond etc. Has anyone successfully worked on the process & can guide us ?
- → KPMG adds BTC and Ethereum to its balance sheet! LFG!!
- → KPMG Canada Adds BTC And Ethereum To Its Balance Sheet
- → BTC Balance Sheet Opportunities With VBB
- → Valuation of a company based on amount of BTC in balance sheet.
- → Cybersecurity company Octagon Networks converts its entire balance sheet into BTC. “We will also start accepting payments in bitcoin and offering a discount to encourage the use of bitcoin.” [Crypto News]
- → Learning from MicroStrategy, Octagon Networks Becomes The First Cybersecurity Firm To Convert Balance Sheet Into BTC
- → The 3rd largest BTC whale wallet added another 488 BTC Friday & today at $36.4k for $18M. This wallet bought 16,576 BTC since $69k top, now holds 124,487 BTC with cost basis of $22k per BTC vs 124,391 of Saylor with cost basis of $30k !
- → Should I add 10% solana to my business balance sheet ?
- → ALTCOINSAlgorand reveals $35M hole in balance sheet owing to exposure to Hodlnaut