- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 3 months ago by The_Abbas.
- Monday, December 20th, 2021 at 14:52 #52318scrubberduckymasterParticipant
So i have 3 servers and a friend who has 3 and we were wanting to run a validator node but cant seem to find how much MATIC we need to stake or would need to be delegated by others. Is there an easy way to find this out?Monday, December 20th, 2021 at 16:36 #52319BlocksUnited
There is currently a cap at 100 nodes and no spots are open for more validators at this time.Monday, December 20th, 2021 at 22:09 #52321The_Abbas
In theory, any amount of matic is enough to start a Polygon node. In practice though, at any one given moment only 100 validators are chosen as validators, so you would have to at least stake more than the guy in the 100th spot. I am not sure if that will get you automatically chosen in his place or if there is something extra you need to do. If you choose to dalegate, you don’t need to run your own equipment. You just delegate through the walletMonday, December 20th, 2021 at 23:51 #52320BlocksUnited
Co-founder Sandeep says he’ll delegate his 150,000,0000 MATIC to validators soon. 80% of outstanding supply of MATIC is held by the top 10 nodes. We asked him on Twitter to please split his stake so all 100 validators wind up with roughly the same total stake. Top 10 nodes would receive less from him and the other 90 would receive more. Boom! Instant decentralization. If that makes sense to you. Please share the idea.
In response to others on this thread, running a node and self staking more than the validator in the 100th spot has on their node would not make you one of the active validators. We all had to compete for those spots and then the Polygon team told us we’d been selected to be a validator. That was last March.
If I remember right, they opened up 20 spots and I believe the lowest nodes competing for a spot had around 5,000 tokens. We bought and self staked 60,000 tokens to make sure we were one of the validators. I don’t think the network will stay at 100 nodes, so I’m sure you’ll get your chance in the not too distant future.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Defi will run on top of lightning. Decentralised social media will run on top of lightning. The “metaverse” will run on top of lightning. Lightning is the protocol that will sit between the internet as we know it and apps as we know them. Every app on earth will run on top of lightning.
- → PSA: Anyone With a Computer & Internet Connection Can Run a BTC Node FOR FREE. Just Download and Run the Free Software. You don’t need to buy these raspberry pi’s that are not primarily BTC Nodes. Those Pricey Pi’s Are Lightning Nodes AND BTC nodes. There is a Big difference! Run A Node!
- → 🚨🚨PSA: If you are a validator, and you have not updated AvalancheGo to 1.8.0 or 1.8.1, you have less than 24 hours before your validator is marked as offline which will for sure lower your uptime, thus putting your rewards for validation and delegation at risk.