- This topic has 12 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 weeks, 3 days ago by WheresTheButterAt.
- Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 at 11:19 #408619Kingste4Participant
According to reporting by Reuters, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York has been conducting a sweeping examination of centralized exchanges for several months. FTX has been included in that investigation, meaning that prosecutors investigated FTX for months before its collapse. There don’t seem to be many details at this point, though, and the U.S. Attorney’s Office hasn’t responded to requests for information.
[https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/us-prosecutors-opened-probe-of-ftx-months-before-its-collapse-bloomberg-news/ar-AA14ob6Z](https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/us-prosecutors-opened-probe-of-ftx-months-before-its-collapse-bloomberg-news/ar-AA14ob6Z)Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 at 11:19 #408620bootstr8
They had a head start and didn’t find anything. Not sure I’d admit this but ok.Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 at 11:19 #408621Trylks
That means nothing. FTX.US may be doing everything right and collapsing from the problems in FTX.
Centralization and regulation have failed consistently and will continue to fail just the same.Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 at 11:19 #408622alleniversongrandson
So they even suck more at their job than I imaginedTuesday, November 22nd, 2022 at 11:19 #408623kirtash93
Well, they didn’t catch it in time… This smells like fake investigation paid by the gov to hide their trace.Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 at 11:19 #408624Captainwelfare2
The wheels of justice move slowly. Fraud moves like lightning.Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 at 11:19 #408625CrowdGoesWildWoooo
They probably have been probing all exchanges. US is overly worried over who crypto exchanges transact with.Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 at 11:19 #408626Melikescake
This makes the govt look even worse. Like why admit that they’re incompetent? People get hit faster for not paying their taxes.Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 at 11:19 #408627Old_Afternoon3853
Well well, they just watched and let people lose money? Thanks you for the consumer protection!Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 at 11:19 #408628FarhanZX
Holy Shit! Did we just find someone more incompetent at doing their job than SBF himself?Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 at 11:19 #408629mave_wreck
This investigation is brought to you by Washington lobbyists.
Pay millions to campaign and you will be fine, too.Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 at 11:19 #408630Aromatic-Front-5919
They had a wire on the schmegal looking girl at AlamedaTuesday, November 22nd, 2022 at 11:19 #408631WheresTheButterAt
FTX or FTX.us?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Vitalik: “I feel like my influence in Ethereum keeps decreasing every six months. I have less now than I did six months ago. Six months ago, I had less than I had a year ago. And a year ago, I had less than I had 18 months ago.” Great sign of ETH governance’s decentralization
- → Binance Publishes Entire Exchange w/ Reuters Again: Bias on Full Display as Reuters Ignores 20 Pages of Responses from Binance [Crypto News]
- → FTX CEO Donated $300K to Members of the Committee Investigating Him and unsurprisingly it is handled like a footnote. At least one of the recipients decided to refund a bit more than 1% of the contributions back to him.