- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago by sk420_.
- Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 19:50 #350384sk420_Participant
There is 1 week left before the biggest pool (minexmr) shuts down
It currently still owns around 950 Mh/s as seen over https://miningpoolstats.stream/monero
Meaning that in 1 week, all that hashrate will be moving out, some could be to an other pool or some might just not mine anymore in the case that speculations about botnet mining on compromised networks and owner not having access to those anymore type of situation
Anyways, today there has been an increase of hashrate on nanopool from around 350 Mh/s to like 700 Mh/s
Which is not ideal, like, let’s not make the same mistakes by centralizing most of the nethash on a single entity
That hashrate doesnt seem to come from minexmr miners as it’s hashrate didnt move
The overall nethash went from like 2.3 Gh/s to like 2.8 Gh/s so it seems to be probably something along the lines of rigs that were turned off during this summer which are now back online again
The minimum payout on the current top 3 pools are 0.1 XMR, meaning miners on these that dont have a massive mining setup would be having their coins held hostage for a very long time until they reach that minimum required
Just dont be dumb getting your funds held hostage that way and instead chose for more decentralization by mining on P2Pool which not only it helps decentralization but also will get you regular payouts, as the minimum to receive funds is wayyyy lower so it’s basically a win-win situation there
Here’s some links that could help you into your journey to mine on P2Pool:
And if too lazy or not tech savvy enough or whatever, there’s always regular smaller pools like https://moneroocean.stream that making the switch would be as easy as what you’re already doing on one of the current bigger pools
We have a great opportunity right here to officially be the most decentralized cryptocoin in existence of the whole world, like far ahead of bitcoin that just completely gave up on that aspect, it would be a shame to waste that opportunity by not having that decentralized mining on P2Pool adoption
Let’s not make the same mistakes as bitcoin is doing, and take that opportunity of minexmr shutdown to be what the whole thing was supposed to be
When Satoshi made BTC, he didnt envision centralization though pools, he didnt envision centralization through asics mining
1 CPU = 1 vote is where it used to be and where it should be
Monero is the real BTC so let’s keep being that and keep aiming at more decentralization where bitcoin completely failed there
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Saw this. “In a gold rush the smart people sell shovels instead of digging because they know it’s a scam. Hence why semiconductor companies sell crypto mining hardware instead of mining it for themselves.” Thoughts?
- → Here are the percentages of blocks mined for every pool since the beginning of BTC. Almost 42% of total blocks were mined from Unknown / solo or small mining pool. The other 58% are well shared, BTC mining ecosystem is very healthy globally (source in comments)
- → A PSA to mining pools trying to do good PR: Don’t suppress miners based on nationality. Instead make it clear to all that you’re financially supporting a specific cause if you want to be more genuine.
- → PSA to public node operators that have enabled P2Pool zmq support
- → If I re-delegate to a new staking pool 3 days before epoch, because the pool I’m staking in now notified me of a high fee percentage change 3 days before the epoch, would I end up paying the fees from the original pool? Or would I then essentially avoid this high fee event?
- → Why has everyone chosen Centralized pools instead of P2Pool?
- → Slush Pool(Brains today) is the 1st and the oldest BTC mining pool. Lunch 27 November 2010. [Image]
- → FIL Mining Power Non-Fungible Token Collateral Loan; a benevolent offer to begin your liquidity mining with a loan. Pool
- → When the switch to POS happens – what do people mine instead and convert it to ETH?
- → Unmineable just increased Shib payout from 1.5 mil to 5 mil! They say you can switch to BSC or KCC and get payouts of 150K instead. My question: if Shib is ERC based, wouldn’t I have to convert the BSC and KCC to ERC, resulting in even more fees?
- → Perhaps it’s worth pinning links to P2P XMR Trading and Mining Pools (P2Pool)
- → I made a script which generates a report of your p2pool mining revenue.
- → Monero GUI doesn’t let me select P2Pool mining
- → Can I switch ISO pools after Sundaeswap snapchat to another ISO pool and still receive sundae tokens?
- → How do I switch staking pool?