- This topic has 17 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by pcakes13.
- Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316390MoonWhenParticipant
Cryptocurrency News – Powell says Fed strongly committed to bringing down inflation expeditiously.
Read Here (Article Link):
What are your thoughts after reading this news article?Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316399fwast
So market go down?Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316407pcakes13
4% interest rate hike coming next meeting?Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316406Odysseus_Lannister
This isn’t really news. He hasn’t wavered on wanting to curb inflation that’s already gotten out of control. Short to medium forecast is still cloudy with chance of painWednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316405coinfeeds-bot
tldr; The US Federal Reserve is “strongly committed” to bringing down inflation that is running at a 40-year high and policymakers are acting “expeditiously” to do so, US central bank chief Jerome Powell said on Wednesday. “It is essential that we bring inflation down if we are to have a sustained period of strong labor market conditions that benefit all,” he added. Inflation continues to run well above the Fed’s targeted level of 2%.
*This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace reading the original article. As always, DYOR.*Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316404TheForgetfulOptimist
The rising interest coupled with debt/leverage burdens in the economy will start to do more damage in the coming months than inflation itself. The old rock and a hard place dilemma. Either way the USD loses its reserve status after this fiasco plays out. Buckle up and learn to be somewhat self sufficient as supply issues are coming.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316403PrinceZero1994
The economy is just unsustainable and will always crash at some point.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316402KaiSosceles
Fed says Fed committed to doing its job.
Thanks for the news.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316401CymandeTV
Well, good luck with that.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316400o_LUCIFER_o
Can I laugh at this ?Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316398RealPrimaris
Sure. And the drug dealers of the world are strongly committed to reducing their clients’ addictions.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316397LivingFondant1419
He does not know what he’s doing. Controlling narratives and flip flopping around saying one thing and doing another. We’re fucked.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316396MIL-is-Hot-AF
Stop printing money 💵Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316395Savik519
Because mid-term elections are in November.
It’s going to be ugly when inflation is still running high, and asset prices have been crushed. Food and fuel costs are what most voters care about in terms of inflation.
Post mid-terms we’ll see an abrupt change in policy and focus on election in 2024 and getting the printer cranking before that.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316394Wreck556
They’re still pretending they have anything under control. They do not. They have zero control. They only have an illusion of confidenceWednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316393Electrical_Potato_21
I thought it was ‘transitory’ and ‘nothing to worry about’.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316392ieatmoondust
So fascinating that they can attempt to paint all of this as anything other than rich people fucking over the little guy with greed and price gouging.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 16:31 #316391One_Landscape541
Powell is only concerned with the wellbeing of his corporate billionaire buddies.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Tomorrow Jerome Powell will speak at the FED policy retreat. One year ago he announced at the same that “Inflation is transitory”, the rest is history.
- → On Friday, Jerome Powell announced The Fed will continue to raise interest rates until they feel inflation is back under control
- → People are thinking about this all wrong. We are not shifting from low inflation to high inflation. We are shifting from high investment inflation to high consumption inflation.
- → Powell says a Fed digital currency could undercut need for cryptocurrencies
- → Fed to confirm March rate rise despite Ukraine war, Jay Powell says. BTC remains relatively stable
- → Fed Chair Jerome Powell Says Cryptocurrency Needs Regulation To Prevent Terrorist Financing
- → Fed to Fight Inflation With Fastest Rate Hikes in Decades | Business News | US News [Crypto News]
- → Jerome Powell: We now understand how little we understand about inflation. Admits inflation models have been wrong for 40 years. Thank God for BTC!
- → Fed Chair Powell: Novel technology like distributed ledger and decentralized finance have the potential to improve efficiency of the payment system and encourage a more competitive financial landscape [Crypto News]
- → BTC jumps towards $40,000, as Fed chair Jerome Powell said the central bank is not actively considering 75 basis point hike [Crypto News]
- → Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell says the central bank will keep raising interest to fight inflation. So forget about the bottom for now.
- → Federal Reserve Bank President Pushes for Faster Rate Hikes — Says the Fed Risks Losing Credibility on Inflation Target [News]
- → BTC Is The Least Popular Inflation Hedge: A Bloomberg survey of more than 800 investors had a surprising outcome when ranking inflation hedges: BTC came in last place. Genesis Trading Head of Market Insights Noelle Acheson says that may be because BTC is the least-tested of assets. [News]
- → Crypto markets braced for judgement day ahead of Powell’s Fed meeting
- → During the FED meeting, Powell said that current numbers are still too high and that the policy has to continue for now. Here’s what that means for Crypto moving forward: