- This topic has 19 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by ACShreds.
- Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:24 #294869frstrtd_ndrd_dvlprParticipant
Cryptocurrency News – People ‘lost interest’ in metaverse, says Epic Games exec.
Read Here (Article Link):
What are your thoughts after reading this news article?Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:24 #294888ACShreds
I didn’t see that coming. Didn’t see it coming at all.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:25 #294873dkizzy
Epic Games wouldn’t be the company to foster in a good metaverseThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:25 #294872Spooky-poots
People lost interest in Epic Games, but they won’t go awayThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:28 #294870thenudelman
Probably because it’s not even close to being ready for use. It’s like asking me to get excited for casual space trips to the Moon.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:30 #294878coinfeeds-bot
tldr; Epic Games Vice President Marc Petit has said that people have lost interest in the Metaverse because characters look like “cartoon characters with no legs”. “Who wants to be that? This is not attractive,” he added. Petit’s comments could be read as a veiled attack on Facebook parent company Meta, which changed its name and brand last year to better correspond to the emerging promise of a metaverse.
*This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace reading the original article. As always, DYOR.*Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:30 #294874lastt1ger
Never started and is already dead! 👀✌Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:30 #294875DadofHome
Not ready player oneThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:32 #294876beklog
Wait till Zuckerberg forced everyone in FB into itThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:34 #294877mrot777
People paying for real estate on a certain metaverse that hasnt been built. Metaverse investments are as bad as NFTs.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:35 #294879Videphris
We don’t have the economy or advancement for the metaverse as of now. Take it with a grain of salt (that statement was always weird to me, shouldnt it be take it as a grain of salt?Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:36 #294880BIG_BOSS_927
I didn’t know there any interest to even lose 🤷♂️Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:38 #294871Dulcar1
Doubt anyones lost interest in something when it doesn’t even really exist yet. Like saying you built a storyboard for a movie and then just not making the movie because you claim nobody liked it; even though nobody seen it.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:38 #294881pcon_9820
With this economy? Would you rather have an actual cheeseburger, or a virtual representation of one? One is worthless, one can keep you alive another day… Your choice.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:43 #294882kirtash93
Empty world with empty avatars. Not surprised at all.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:47 #294883ClubbyTheCub
People never *had* interest in the metaverse..Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:48 #294884_grdz
Wait, first of all people gained interest in metaverse?Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:51 #294885EmbraceHegemony
The only people that were ever interested in the “Metaverse” are people that thought they could make money off of it.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 20:00 #294886Cizzar
I’ve always been saying that it was a stupid idea to begin with.
Most people don’t even have time for rl and nobody’s gonna buy a vr headset to get a degraded version of the real world …
The problem is that some people try to create hype in order to attract investors to their project and the crypto community is so eager to find new use cases that it’s just gobbling and hyping up everything without critical thinking …Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 20:11 #294887payfrit
second life could have told you this 15 years ago
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Epic Games VP: “People have kind of lost interest in the metaverse, because characters look like cartoons with no legs” | Can’t argue with that, most blockchain/crypto related games look like there were created in the 90s-2000s, let’s not even talk about the gameplay. [Crypto News]
- → The LEGO Group and Epic Games Team Up to Build a Place for Kids to Play in the Metaverse [Crypto News]
- → Epic Games Raises $2B to ‘Build the Metaverse’ [Crypto News]
- → Sony and the Lego family bet big on the ‘metaverse’ with $2 billion investment in Epic Games [Crypto News]
- → People are acting like the Metaverse is here NOW. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it isn’t. Most Metaverse video games are still in development and far from being complete. [Crypto News]
- → Epic Games Adds Gala’s Web 3 Wild West Themed GRIT to Its Store [Crypto News]
- → A lot of FOMO with the APE coin I see a lo of people already clamming they lost money because they bought at the spot. They were free people if you got something free and you can make money out of it is kind of obvious that people is going to sell right away. I don’t understand how people keeps…
- → Noncustodial BTC wallets unbannable, says exec behind Trezor wallets [Crypto News]
- → Cheaper than it looks’: Fidelity exec says BTC undervalued and oversold [Crypto News]
- → My only concern is what happens when BTC gets lost from people who pass away? If its just lost then more and more will continue to get lost until eventually one day BTC becomes irrelevant.
- → More than 46,000 people have lost more than $1 billion to crypto scams since 2021, says FTC [Crypto News]
- → India Crypto Conclave updates: Government clarifies confirms no prohibition on owning crypto assets. Says there is recognition as an asset for crypto, whether it is a coin or Non-Fungible Token or anything else in the future. Says as people become comfortable, tax rates will moderate.
- → Fidelity Launches Multi-Level Learning Center in Metaverse – Metaverse BTC News [Crypto News]
- → Google exec says company will ‘evolve’ with user, merchant demand for crypto payments
- → Interest in the Metaverse Down 83% Amid Sell-offs in the Crypto Markets [Crypto News]