- This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week, 5 days ago by nsrbigoda.
- Thursday, November 24th, 2022 at 18:17 #410090rhwarrior69Participant
I have been a long follower of solana and after doing deeper research on the matter i found some major weaknesses which has made me liquidate my positions for bitcoin.
1. 2 nodes control 30% of the validator 515 node and the 458 node.
2. vcs and the solana foundation own enough of the validator node percent to control the entire blockchain allowing them to halt or freeze transactions as well as stoping the solana network from transacting causing major security concerns.
3. POS is not a consensus that is secure like POW where the sheer amount of hash power is what makes it secure. Unlike POS where its just who puts in the most solana in a validator node gets more solana (ponzi)
4. Deeper realization of centralized players, if solana was so “decentralized” as they claim to be, there would be, no premine, no vc pre sale, A fixed cap on the amount of nodes on a validator to prevent centralization.
5. Having a “ceo” on a decentralized crypto should be your big red flag, Look at ICP the biggest pump dump from vc’s solana is seeming to be following the same thing.
6. Solana’s “hackathons” or more of less the use of funding from the ponzi coin to engage people to devlop, smart but not sustainable
7. Solana contracts are easily tracked.
8. Too much influence from centralized players which control the price EX: SBF, SEQUIOA, CZ, PARADIGM, and a16z
9. these vcs alone can control the validator nodes when working to gether with solana foundation causing heavy vulnerabilities.
10. If u think this is FUD DYOR, these are all my own Opinions.Thursday, November 24th, 2022 at 18:17 #410091ReedoIncognito
Remember folks, when anti-SOL players, BTC maxis, and other nay sayers stop trying to detract from Solana, THAT’S when it’s time to worry. Fear mongering posts like this guy’s just put the opposition’s fear on display. To me, they’re like a warm blanket.
The opposite of love is not hate…but indifference. The try-hards only make our case for usThursday, November 24th, 2022 at 18:17 #410092rhwarrior69
Dont delete this post, no cursing or anything that breaks the TOS, please let me spread my oppinion. im seeing many posts like these getting deleted.Thursday, November 24th, 2022 at 18:17 #410093PCEngTr
AgreedThursday, November 24th, 2022 at 18:17 #410094harleybqrazy
Posing your thoughts as questions is a safer way towards not getting deleted. Not a guarantee, mind you. 😉Thursday, November 24th, 2022 at 18:17 #410095MisterFeeshy
Sorry to see you go, here are some of my takes on what you said.
1. The top 28 validators (thats the nakamoto coefficient) control 33% of the cumulative stake, not sure how you are coming up with 2 nodes, please provide a reference, mine is [solanabeach.io](https://solanabeach.io)
2. If you look at the volume after the last dump, I find it hard to believe alot of the VCs (especially Alameda) haven’t cashed out. Do you have any sources?
3. Pretty sure a few mining pools can halt the entire bitcoin network, how is that so secure? [https://btc.com/stats/pool?pool_mode=week](https://btc.com/stats/pool?pool_mode=week)
4. The engineers who created the protocol needed money for eng burn, marketing, etc. Solana is an extremely complex engineering feat and the whitepaper was published in nov 2017. The coins will be distributed over time as VCs take profits.
5. Fair, but they are still building the protocol (its still in beta), Anatoly is very important.
6. They are trying to scale to 1 billion users and are using funds at their disposal to do so.
7. Please expand on what the issue is here.
8. this is pretty much the same point as (4).
9. this is pretty much the same point as (2).
Solana is the only protocol that has ran at a high throughput on mainnet. Until another protocol does this, everything else but solana bores the fuck out of me. I wish you the best of luck with bitcoin!Thursday, November 24th, 2022 at 18:17 #410096nsrbigoda
Solana is know for being centralized, people believe in the technology on the blockchain.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Couldn’t get kado money ramp to work so I thought I might delete my account and my payment info, might as well not have that info out there I thought in case they get hacked. Won’t let me delete bank accounts, I don’t see how to delete my account. What might you try?
- → Hey Solana – What the fuck? DOWN AGAIN? Doesn’t matter if users get liquidated on DeFi protocols but you wouldn’t process a transaction? Anyone else facing this? Mods – please don’t fucking delete this – this needs to be addressed by Solana team. Not a fud, all in on Solana but need better tech.
- → Binance.US has just quietly removed their “delete account” feature. You can no longer delete your account from the settings…only “disable account” is available now.