- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months, 1 week ago by DocumentingBitcoin.
- Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 17:34 #344226DocumentingBitcoinParticipant
Image / Most people are aware that bitcoin has no ruler, but it does have rules. Instead of a bank or corporation, these rules are enforced by individual bitcoin users all over the world running nodes! Here is how a bitcoin transaction worksSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 17:34 #344227DocumentingBitcoin
A bitcoin node is software that connects to the bitcoin peer-to-peer network. Nodes receive, transmit, and validate new transactions according to the network rules.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Web 2.0 lost focus on the individual in favor of corporation advertising and broadcasting, Web 3.0 is looking like it’s gonna bring that individual focus back
- → BTC is more than code. bitcoin is an idea. Idea to be free! BTC unites people all over the world, it cannot be stopped. Millions of people come to bitcoin for profit, but stay for the revolution. Hold on tight to your bitcoin! [Image]
- → PSA: Anyone With a Computer & Internet Connection Can Run a BTC Node FOR FREE. Just Download and Run the Free Software. You don’t need to buy these raspberry pi’s that are not primarily BTC Nodes. Those Pricey Pi’s Are Lightning Nodes AND BTC nodes. There is a Big difference! Run A Node!
- → Nigeria’s BTC P2P trading surge by 16% since its central bank enforced crypto ban – BTC can’t be censored!
- → I get why some people want anonymity and all that but wouldn’t average people want some way to show that they own their bitcoin like a bank account? Most people aren’t comfortable guarding their assets under their bed I think.
- → Centralization on ETH Nodes – The Infura Issue – Does anybody have reliable numbers that are up to date of how many ETH nodes are run by Infura?
- → what do you think the Satoshi Nakamoto corporation intended when it created bitcoin? [Image]
- → Question about nodes and how bitcoin works.
- → People don’t have to actually understand the Blockchain technology for it’s adoption. Most people still don’t know how a computer , internet or even Bluetooth works. People need utility not an explanation.
- → why does every talk I hear from Robert Breedlove, he praises individual sovereignty, but he only talks about bitcoin, never mentioning the subject of privacy nor monero?
- → What are people running BTC nodes on now that raspberry pi’s are sold out everywhere in the UK? I don’t really have a spare laptop to dedicate for the cause unfortunately. Are there any recommendations for equivalent alternatives? I was planning on installing Umbrel to run a Lightning node too.
- → Is there a way to see what node version individual SPOs are running?
- → Zero downtime, no forking, 4.4 second deterministic finality, 26M addresses, 1.4k+ nodes, carbon negative, $0.0004 transaction fees, post quantum secure. FIFA Technical partner, Nigeria Partner, El Salvador Partner, Central Bank of Italy Partner, ISDA Member, ISO20022 Compliant. Algorand is grand.
- → Saw this. “In a gold rush the smart people sell shovels instead of digging because they know it’s a scam. Hence why semiconductor companies sell crypto mining hardware instead of mining it for themselves.” Thoughts?
- → I just want to say that I love Monday afternoons, I really do. With my husband and I, we have spent time researching and learning about cryptocurrencies for quite some time. So I have decided in the last hour that our bank, KnL bank is now up and running:)