- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 days, 16 hours ago by dlq84.
- Monday, November 21st, 2022 at 16:22 #408042nocodhereParticipant
I really like the idea of a lightning node and of people running lightning nodes themselfs. But is it realistic that normal people are gonna run them. Because you need to have enough capacity, what means that you need to put the same amout of money in your node that you wanna transact with. And also making new connections to channels ect.
What do you think about this, and is it even the plan to make everybody run a \[bitcoin/lightning\] node?Monday, November 21st, 2022 at 16:52 #408043dlq84
Probably not. But it’s a non-issue since there are multiple easy to use non-custodial lightning wallets already available.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Defi will run on top of lightning. Decentralised social media will run on top of lightning. The “metaverse” will run on top of lightning. Lightning is the protocol that will sit between the internet as we know it and apps as we know them. Every app on earth will run on top of lightning.
- → PSA: Anyone With a Computer & Internet Connection Can Run a BTC Node FOR FREE. Just Download and Run the Free Software. You don’t need to buy these raspberry pi’s that are not primarily BTC Nodes. Those Pricey Pi’s Are Lightning Nodes AND BTC nodes. There is a Big difference! Run A Node!
- → https://moneroworld.com/#nodes and monero.fail both are down for finding public monero nodes? what other node list websites exist?