- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Maswasnos.
- Thursday, August 18th, 2022 at 12:57 #357185WorldSparkParticipant
Can someone explain and how can someone secure the erc20 tokens (both chains P and W) and Non-Fungible Token and eth from replay attack?Thursday, August 18th, 2022 at 12:57 #357186koajatcheedi
Replay means copying you moves. So after you move SNXW to a new wallet I can replay that on the PoS chain and move your SNX to the same wallet. If you own both wallets that is of course no problem, except that you pay gas fees for the second transaction as well.
It is an attack if you send your SNXW to MY wallet, because after that I can move your SNX to my wallet as well. Which most probably wasn’t your plan.Thursday, August 18th, 2022 at 12:57 #357187Maswasnos
Assuming the POW fork retains the chain ID of 1, it’s basically just copying your transaction to the main chain. If the chain ID is the same and you don’t use up any nonces, a transaction created on the PoW fork will be identical in every way to a transaction created on the PoS chain, and if someone wanted they could broadcast that transaction to the PoS chain and it would be valid.
So, if you tried to sell all your SNXw for ETHw, someone could replay that TX and sell all your SNX for ETH. The resulting ETH would still be in your wallet but you probably didn’t want to sell that SNX. This would be even worse with an NFT since you could just buy back the SNX, but NFTs aren’t so easy to reacquire.
Now, maybe it would fail if it didn’t include enough gas. I don’t know if there’s a way for a third party to add gas to your TX, assuming gas is lower on the PoW fork due to less activity.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → How about replay attack after chain split, it seems the ethw messed up with chain id. This could lead to replay attack on ethw and eth chain as well.
- → Gary Vaynerchuk said 98% of Non-Fungible Token projects will fail after the gold rush fades. – “This is internet stocks 99,” said Vaynerchuk when asked about the current Non-Fungible Token landscape. Most of the behavior I see in Non-Fungible Token buying reminds me of the way people bought beanie babies.”
- → MUSIC Non-Fungible Token = SIMPLE 🎶 a thread… (The Music Non-Fungible Token Blueprint by Dyl – How To Music Non-Fungible Token)