- This topic has 30 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by rjm101.
- Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344242Appropriate_Win_7829Participant
Okay, I know it’s hard to have an actual realistic debate about the future price of BTC. But based off previous cycles, and economics, what do you think the highest price BTC will achieve is?
I know a lot of Mooney predictions like 500k by 2023, over a mil by 2025 get tossed about. Logically, I think that’s some hardcore hopium. But I would have said that 10 years ago, if you’d told me the ATH would be over 60k.
Is there a price that BTC is limited to? Or does the built in scarcity of it insure ever increasing prices? What would one BTC at over 1 mil do to worldwide economics?Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #3442570xIlmari
Fiat is a race to the bottom. This makes BTC = infinity USDSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344272rjm101
A particular pattern I’ve noticed is that peoples predictions seem to be out by an entire market cycle. I’ll give you an example:
In 2017 many were predicting 50k but it didn’t happen in 2017. It took the next market cycle to get to it and pass it a little to 69k.
In 2022 market cycle high people were predicting were 100k-200k. Leaning on the more conservative side Id say the next market cycle is probably 98k. Not exactly mad gainz but I guess if you buy now it’s good.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344271DavLithium
1mil or nothingSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344270bobbyv137
I predict it’ll rise to c. $250k by 2030, thus half the current value of gold, and then surpass gold by 2040.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344269ts_wrathchild
Eventually we’ll stop tracking value in fiat altogether. As such, you’ll know we’ve peaked when the world at large agrees that 1btc = 1btc. We simply wont know (or care) how much fiat a single BTC is worth – it will be irrelevant.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344268Odysseus_Lannister
I don’t see why 100k can’t happen in the next 1-3 years. I think after that psychological barrier falls, it can shoot up to the 150-200k range and then come back down between 50-70k until 2027-2028Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344267Odlavso
Should have used the [serious] tag if you wanted to have a realistic debateSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344266Clash_My_Clans
I say 69k by 2021Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344265JustinTolearn
Isn’t the main factor market cap? If we saw around a 1 trillion market cap for BTC when it was at 54k-60k, it’ll take a heck of a lot to get it to 500k. Dreaming is good though!Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344264Ok_Dog4017
I think these realistic debates are done in r/ifIwinthelotterySunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344263JustDownInTheMines
I’m not sure if there is an upper limit for the highest price of BTC. You’re discussing about the next 10 years but BTC will be minable for over a century. How much will it be worth then? The long run will win you this game.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344262Nostalg33k
The most serious answer is that there is no absolute limit to the price of Bitcoin. If people collectively decided to not sell under 500k tomorrow and other people continued to buy, then the price would rise. The issue is we don’t know what can motivate people to sell AND we need legitimacy.
Everything is possible as long as the economic consequences and the liquidity can absorb the price =)Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344261Wonderful-Draw7519
So many factors, but one thing I’ll say is major whales selling off their holdings and new record number of wallets holding at least 1btc make me feel bullish af for the long run.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344260arcalus
What time frame any crypto might hit a price is a craps shoot, unless you’re an exchange and probably have some inside knowledge and control. If you remove the time frame, then *logically* it could hit any price. Millions, billions. There is a pretty big difference between theoretically and likely.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344259oldsql_aka_bag
Heavily depends on how much money the total market cap and worldwide adoption will be at that point. I can definitely see a 10-50x to the current crypto market cap.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344258Initial-Pay1143
300k by 2027Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344256Slodrute
If owning a bitcoin will become status symbol (like happened with Bored Apes) 1mil a BTC seema even low estimate IMOSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344255shemaine28
In a couple of years its going to settle at around 250k and have gold like price action from then onSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344254InternetStrang3r
I believe 1 bitcoin will = 1 bitcoin by 2025Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344253Wonzky
6942069Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344252Pheriagrin
Compared to what? USD ? I don’t measure in that trash…Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344251_-oIo-_
Lol there can’t be a *realistic debate* on BTC price. It’s all speculation.
Take a walk in the nature instead.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344250ChemicalGreek
Maybe we have seen the ATH already. We really don’t know what will happen, so it’s better to wait and see!Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:46 #344249TarkovReddit0r
At least 69k.
Ok jokes aside :
I would say the limit is around 580k. That would replace gold and overtake that market cap. And when the years pass and deflation finally hits it’ll keep climbing up slowly
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → So I got into a debate with one of my traditional finance friends yesterday. the question I didn’t have an answer to was that if BTC is fractional than the max supply doesn’t even matter? let me have it guys cause my mind cant comprehend.
- → Eth2.0 and Polygon is a hot topic to debate on. Let me tell you some facts and my opinion about it that could point out some info you might’ve missed.
- → If you’re 90% certain price will go lower, it’s very profitable to sell at current price and buy at a lower price. It’s simple math but most people seem to be unaware of this, almost brainwashed with – If you don’t sell you don’t lose. Well – If you sell and buy at lower price it’s even better!
- → We keep antagonizing people who sell. But let’s be 100% realistic, wouldn’t you have felt much better now if you had sold at above 60k?
- → For those who need to see this. In 2011 btc was worth $30. Btc halved in 2012. In 2013 we saw a $1000 btc. Btc halved in 2016. In 2017 we saw a $15,000 btc. Btc halved again in 2020 and we saw a $60,000 btc. 2024 is the next halving. 2025 is gonna be interesting.
- → Realistic price expectations from doge-1? 🤔
- → EXIT STRATEGY Realistic conservative price target for Terra Classic is .10 cents in 3 years and 1 dolla in 6 years.
- → Stop Beating around The Bush, Force Political Opponents of BTC To Debate Publicly, Get Them To Say The Quiet Part Outloud.
- → I am BTC maximalist – debate me! <— Monero needs to avoid this
- → BTC enters the debate as bankruptcy declared in Sri Lanka
- → One year ago today, El Salvador become the first nation to adopt BTC as legal tender. Looking apart the good/bad debate, this is a milestone for Crypto.
- → Additionally, as per research by Indian analysts, negative and positive posts on social media are correlated with Bitcoin’s price. Let us know what else do you think affects the Price of Bitcoin in the comments 😉
- → 37 BTC were traded in Venezuela last week (only measured using LocalBitcoin), highest since Sep21. Monthly minimum wage is 130 Bs. (Bolivares) -around 25 USD-. One BTC is around 152,000 Bs. (Bolivares)
- → 42 BTC were traded last week in Venezuela (only using LocalBitcoin), highest value since Sept 2021, monthly minimum wage keeps going down, now under 24 USD. One BTC trades around 120,000 Bs.
- → Here is what would happen if someone invested every month at the highest price since 2016.