- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 months ago by dvcrn.
- Friday, April 1st, 2022 at 03:46 #206348dvcrnParticipant
We’d like to introduce you to a project we’ve been working on for a while – **Saifu Wallet, the extensible Solana wallet targeted towards prosumers and power-users** . This is also our submission for Solana Riptide and we’re very excited to finally have a usable 1.0 out in the open.
**What is Saifu**
Saifu is a reimagination of what a desktop browser wallet should be – a wallet that adapts to the vastly different usecases of its user base.
Current wallets are made to make the barrier of entry into web3 as easy as possible but often forget that veterans need more sophisticated functionality.
It doesn’t make sense to us that everyone interacting with web3 on a regular basis has to use the same basic tools, even if they have vastly different use cases – be it for NFT trading, yield farming, liquidity mining, lending and so on.
Saifu solves this by going with a modular and extensible approach – functionality is provided in the form of plugins that enable and extend the wallet with additional features.
People heavy in yield farming could choose to not care about NFTs at all but focus purely on lending and farming related plugins, while someone who just wants to track their portfolio could enable plugins that aggregate balances from CEXs right into the wallet through API integrations.
**Plugins and extensions**
Plug-ins are hot-loadable in develop builds (non extension store) of Saifu to make local development possible, with the plan to bring in a community ecosystem and package repository in the future.
Through plugins, Saifu can rapidly adapt to new crypto trends.
**Wallet emulation – use Saifu as a drop-in replacement**
Saifu comes with a feature called wallet emulation that allows users to get up and using it right away.
Wallet emulation will tell Saifu to pretend to be other wallets towards websites. This makes it possible to connect to sites that don’t use the saifu wallet-adapter yet.
At launch, Saifu can pretend to be Phantom (1.0.0) and Slope (1.0.3).
**Who is behind Saifu?**
Saifu is brought to you by a team of 2, currently working in web3 and fintech, and years of experience in building systems that scale
We’re fully transparent with Saifu. No token, no NFT sale – just a good project we’re very passionate about.
**Saifu 1.0 now shipping**
The first beta of Saifu is now shipping on our website at [https://saifuwallet.com/](https://saifuwallet.com/)
Read the announcement on Medium: [https://saifuwallet.medium.com/saifu-the-extensible-solana-wallet-fe0f5c5bed1c](https://saifuwallet.medium.com/saifu-the-extensible-solana-wallet-fe0f5c5bed1c)
Due to review speed of the chrome extension store, the chrome version is currently at 1.0.0 while Firefox is at the more modern 1.0.3 and has slightly less bugs, plus the new Slope wallet emulation layer.
The Safari version is undergoing internal testing and is not ready for public testing just yet.
1.0 comes with the 2 mentioned plugins: NFT and Solend view, with more plugins and functionality mentioned above coming very soon.
Please tell us what you think and consider joining our discord to help shape the future of Saifu at [https://discord.gg/TQZryvwDTK](https://discord.gg/TQZryvwDTK) and follow us on twitter [@SaifuWallet](https://twitter.com/SaifuWallet).
(If you like what we’re doing, you can also vote on Riptide for us – [https://solana.com/riptide/voting/saifu-wallet](https://solana.com/riptide/voting/saifu-wallet))
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Accidently sent Solana from Binance to MetaMask so bridged the Solana from MetaMask to Solana network using Wormhole but it’s now showing the SOL as WORMHOLE (Solana) in my Phantom Wallet (unknown token). Help!
- → Hey Solana – What the fuck? DOWN AGAIN? Doesn’t matter if users get liquidated on DeFi protocols but you wouldn’t process a transaction? Anyone else facing this? Mods – please don’t fucking delete this – this needs to be addressed by Solana team. Not a fud, all in on Solana but need better tech.
- → Hi friends! Enjoy a demo video of our Solana Pay + WordPress/Woocommerce payment plugin! Launching next week! Free & Open Source, funded by Solana Foundation Grant.