- This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by olihowells.
- Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:52 #344275partymslParticipant
If we make a throwback do last year during about the same period as now we would have been in more or less peak crypto hype. Dogecoin trading at over 50ct and Elon Musk completly crazy on Twitter was boosting shitcoins through the moon. There were countless shitcoins that were just made with no utilities at all or any goal, just a cool name and they got a million dollar market cap in a few days and a fanbase saying “It’s the next BTC”.
Now taking all this into account I feel like this bear market right now is highly justified and was much needed for Crypto to finally get those hype investors out who just wanted to become rich in a quick way through ElonSpermDogeCake etc. Happily there has been literally no talk about shitcoins for weeks and months now.
Bear markets are a part of the much needed cycle ro keep things sustainable and floating. Do not resist it, embrace it.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:52 #344276Castr0-
everything have a reason. i just need to find out why i am poor.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:52 #344277TarkovReddit0r
Gonna be honest such a big wipe out hasn’t happened yet. Even tho we are in a bear for months it just doesn’t feel like the other cycles.
Who knows maybe those wipe outs never happen again or are still ahead of us ![gif](emote|emo_pack_1|fomo)Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:52 #344278Wonzky
We still have shitcoins being made and marketed dailySunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:52 #344279n1ghsthade
This time it’s differentSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:52 #344280Takksombyr
Inevitable carnage. And the beatings shall continue.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:52 #344281Clash_My_Clans
I’ll even embrace the grizzly bear if I have to BUT only after I break even and then I’ll play with house money I.e gains, until then I ain’t embracing anythingSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:52 #344282CymandeTV
Just the best time to have bigger bags.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:52 #344283BakedPotato840
Bear markets are justified because they are part of a natural cycle. That thing about new shitcoins pumping to ridiculous market caps is something that will keep happening because people love to gamble.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 18:52 #344284olihowells
Bear markets are great for weeding out the scams
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → 281 Days ago Elon Musk claimed BTC would solve Climate-Change, 261 Days ago he claimed BTC would cause Climate-Change, 310 Days ago he claimed to never Sell BTC, 277 Days ago he Sold $300M
- → Vitalik: “I feel like my influence in Ethereum keeps decreasing every six months. I have less now than I did six months ago. Six months ago, I had less than I had a year ago. And a year ago, I had less than I had 18 months ago.” Great sign of ETH governance’s decentralization
- → Your coin’s price could be down 85% from 1 year ago and still have a higher market cap than it did 1 year ago. Be cautious of heavily released coins/tokens from the past year!
- → If a year passes and doge gains 5 billion coins aka $650,000,000 worth of coins at .13 a coin, doge will gain no value with an extra $650,000,000 market cap. If shiba gains $650,000,000 market cap in the same year it goes up almost 4.5%. Food for thought!
- → The price of bitcoin is essentially flat from 1 year ago ($42k). And yet, the fear and greed indicator is almost EXACTLY the opposite. From 10 (extreme fear max) a day ago, compared to 90 (extreme greed max) 1 year ago.
- → A balanced portfolio is your best defense against a bear market “DOT and ATOM are two cryptos that could be good to hold during a bear market” (What are your go-to bear market hedges?)
- → We’ve lost more than $1tn in market cap, but this time last year we didn’t even have a $1tn market cap
- → 70% of crypto investors starting in 2021 was all the info you needed to sell out of the market months ago. Out of that group 95% wont be around to buy the bottom in a few months / year(s). Learn to lengten your timeframe guys. Market cap can drop another 60% no questions asked.
- → For SHIB to hit $1, as some of you believe is possible, it would have to have a market cap of $549.1 Trillion. That is over 10X the market cap of all FIAT in existence. That means if all FIAT in the world was converted to SHIB, it still would only have a market price of approximately 10 cents.
- → Up almost $5 billion in market cap since 3 days ago and nobody can say WTF is going on for sure?
- → TONE just listed on coinbase 2 days ago. $16 MIL market cap.
- → Bear Market to Bull Market plan.Are we still in a bear market?
- → 1 year ago, USDT had a 126% larger market cap than USDC. Today it’s only a 38% difference.
- → Could UST Market Cap ever exceed Luna Market Cap?
- → People often use Gold’s market cap as a benchmark for their BTC price targets. How much of Gold’s market cap is from its use purely as a monetary asset?