- This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months, 1 week ago by MostlyPseudonymous.
- Saturday, August 20th, 2022 at 18:21 #35848312GaugeMage21Participant
Keplr…what the heck is private key? I just want my seed phrase…what is this private nonsense. What purpose does it serve…every other wallet I use…just need seed phrase. I don’t understand and people can’t seem to answer a straight question anymore without fluff and endless bsSaturday, August 20th, 2022 at 18:21 #358484DNiceM
If you don’t have a private key use your seed phrase. Simple, if you need to ask what a private key is you probably don’t want to use that, and it’s useless explaining it to you considering your attitude.Saturday, August 20th, 2022 at 18:21 #35848512GaugeMage21
Do I need both seed phrase and private key to recover? What purpose does private key serve and why does Keplr require it…love Cosmos…love it but damn this ecosystem hates the concept of intuitive or user friendly…Saturday, August 20th, 2022 at 18:21 #358486bseballkid1990
As far as I know if you created the wallet with google then you get a private key. If you don’t use your goodly log in you get the seed phrase. I’m currently unstaking half my assets to move to my new wallet.Saturday, August 20th, 2022 at 18:21 #358487MostlyPseudonymous
No offense but you should not be experimenting with self custody of your coins until you learn more about what it actually involves and the risks. Stick with on CEX staking and storage of your coins while you learn more. Much more.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Forgot to write down the seed phrase for my terra wallet. but still have access to my wallet. I can’t seem to find how to view my seed phrase again when I’m inside the wallet. is there a way to check it again so I can write it down?
- → Ledger and yoroi (or just any cardano software wallet) use different derivation paths to create the private key from the recovery phrase + passphrase (25th word/phrase). Assuming in 50 years Ledger goes out of business, is there any documentation on how to manually derive the correct private key fro
- → Hello, is there a way to get your seed phrase on ccvault/eternl wallet? i’m logged in but can’t find where i can access the seed phrase again for record keeping..cheers