- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 3 weeks ago by payfrit.
- Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 16:53 #294838moonkingdomeParticipant
Cryptocurrency News – Kenya’s largest electricity producer to offer its surplus power to BTC miners | Finbold.
Read Here (Article Link):
What are your thoughts after reading this news article?Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 17:01 #294840coinfeeds-bot
tldr; Kenya’s energy production company KenGen has offered to supply Bitcoin mining companies with surplus geothermal power following increased demand from different operators. If the plan is realized, Kenya will join El Salvador in exploiting new forms of energy to mine Bitcoin. Kenya currently has no regulations to manage the sector.
*This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace reading the original article. As always, DYOR.*Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 17:06 #294841Clash_My_Clans
China be like: did you say ‘surplus power’?Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 17:36 #294842FallenOne2334
Good set me something up there then.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 17:43 #294843payfrit
i’m confident anyone willing to buy the surplus power can arrange to do so.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 17:55 #294839662c63b7ccc16b8c
Or they could do something of actual use with it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Kenya’s largest producer of electricity KenGen intends to deliver excess geothermal energy to BTC miners [Image]
- → Kenya’s Largest Power Provider Plans to Deliver Access to Geothermal Power to BTC Miners [Crypto News]
- → The State of Texas says it wants to devote 25GW of its electricity supply, approx 25% of its peak load, to crypto-coin mining over the coming years. [Crypto News]
- → BTC miners offload reserves as crypto prices fall. Rising energy costs and falling crypto prices mean miners are liquidating their reserves [Crypto News]
- → Iran Will Reportedly Cut Off Electricity to All Legal Crypto Miners [Crypto News]
- → Texas is becoming the world capital for BTC mining. In two years, the Lone Star state is on course to become the worlds largest producer, dwarfing any foreign nation and the combined output for the rest of the U.S.
- → LGT, World’s Largest Family-Owned Private Bank, to Offer Crypto [Crypto News]
- → Crypto lender Celsius which recently declared bankruptcy owes more than $4.7 billion in crypto to its customers. Celsius plans to make up its deficit partly using newly minted bitcoins from its mining facility. Do you think Celsius will be able to fully compensate its customers?
- → Miners have started to dump their bitcoin holdings. Public miners sold more than 100% of their production in May, a massive increase from the usual 25-40%. [Crypto News]
- → BTC’s market dominance nears a year-high as Ethereum’s share sharply declines | Finbold [Crypto News]
- → Russia planning to legalize and even promote BTC mining, as long as it’s in energy surplus areas. Bullish.
- → The 3rd largest BTC whale wallet added another 488 BTC Friday & today at $36.4k for $18M. This wallet bought 16,576 BTC since $69k top, now holds 124,487 BTC with cost basis of $22k per BTC vs 124,391 of Saylor with cost basis of $30k !
- → Crypto expert panel projects Ethereum to peak above $5,700 by end of 2022 | Finbold [Crypto News]
- → Crypto winter is here and might last over a year, says blockchain fund founder | Finbold [Crypto News]
- → Federal Reserve reveals 12% of U.S. adults own crypto | Finbold [Crypto News]