- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Nada_Lives.
- Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 17:07 #344229WorkingLimeParticipant
Hi guys, as I have been doing for years, updating this week numbers. I usually post it in crypto, but lately have been posting it here, as it talks directly about bitcoin !
A big drop from 45 BTC to 35 BTC, I don’t see a reason considering price has been almost constant this week.
Binance trades way more but they do make public the stats. This is only being measure using LocalBitcoin.
Monthly minimum wage is 23 USD, average is around 100 USD.
People use crypto to get rid of Bolivares and escape inflation, also to receive money from abroad, exchange their mining profit (mining here in theory is legal, but not safe anyway, electricity is free but unreliable).
Any question, let me know!
[https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-venezuela-cafe-con-leche-index/](https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-venezuela-cafe-con-leche-index/)Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 17:11 #344230QuickPain821
A bit weird that the average is 5x the minimum, do you know why?Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 17:28 #344231Nada_Lives
LocalBitcoin is an exchange. Not a wallet or a Bitcoin function.
When it is said that “35 BTC were traded” what is meant is that 35 BTC were bought and sold on this exchange. *No one has any idea how many Bitcoin were traded P2P in private commerce in Venezuela.*
When I point out this distinction I get voted down, but think about it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Just keeping track. Last week 27 BTC were traded in Venezuela only measured using LocalBitcoin (still used here), a 1 BTC decrease from last week. This week, new monthly minimum wage will start rolling, around 28 USD monthly, old wage was 2 USD per month.
- → Just updating this week numbers, 38 BTC (+9 from last week) were traded last week in Venezuela only measured with LocalBitcoin, monthly minimum wage still at 16 USD.
- → 26 BTC were traded last week in Venezuela! (Only measured using LocalBitcoin) where monthly minimum wage is around 2 USD and average wage is around 80 USD monthly! This is after six zeroes were removed from our currency (Bolivares, Bs.) in Oct. 2021 by law.
- → 330 BTC were traded worldwide using LocalBitcoin. Around 8% (27 BTC) of it were traded in Venezuela. Updating this week numbers. Monthly minimum wage still 30 USD.
- → Venezuela pegs its monthly minimum wage to its national cryptocurrency (stablecoin) “Petro”, now monthly minimum wage is around 28 USD (0.5 PTR) a 1,300% increase over the old minimum wage, 2 USD monthly!
- → Updating this week number here in Venezuela, last week 28 BTC were traded here only measured using LocalBitcoin, one BTC is around 160,000 “new” Bs. (160,000,000,000 “old” Bs.). Monthly minimum wage is around 25 USD!
- → 32 BTC were traded last week in Venezuela (measured only LocalBitcoin), monthly minimum wage “stable” at 16 USD and 52% of the population earn less than 100 USD monthly
- → Nothing new to see here. For the 3rd week, 26 BTC were traded in Venezuela last week measured only LocalBitcoin. Monthly minimum wage was increased from 2 USD to 28 USD. One BTC is around 170,000 Bs. (Bolivares)
- → 38 BTC were traded last week in Venezuela measured only using LocalBitcoin, up from 26 BTC last week, this is around 10% of the total world trade there! Monthly minimum wage sits around 25 USD (started at 30 USD months ago).
- → Venezuela update. 35 BTC were traded last week only measured using LocalBitcoin (up from 28 BTC last week), goverments wants to tax crypto transactions up to 20% and still, monthly minimum wage is around 2 USD! One BTC is around 190,000 BS (Bolivares), after six zeroes were removed 4 months ago!
- → 26 BTC were traded last week in Venezuela! (Only measured using LocalBitcoin), same than last week. One BTC is around 170,000 “new” Bolivares (Bs.) that would have been 170,000,000,000 “old” Bs. back in October! Monthly minimum wage still is 2 USD.
- → While monthly minimum wage in Venezuela is around 30 USD (from 2 USD), 23 BTC were traded last week only measured using LocalBitcoin.
- → In Venezuela, 1 BTC is around 190,000 Bs. (Bolivares), before Oct2021 that would have been 190,000,000,000 Bs. (six zeroes were removed by law). Last week 28 BTC were traded here only measured with LocalBitcoin. Monthly minimum wage still is around 2 USD.
- → 37 BTC were traded in Venezuela last week (only measured using LocalBitcoin), highest since Sep21. Monthly minimum wage is 130 Bs. (Bolivares) -around 25 USD-. One BTC is around 152,000 Bs. (Bolivares)
- → Around 8% of the worldwide traded amount in LocalBitcoin (359 BTC) were traded in Venezuela last week (29 BTC), all this happens while monthly minimum wage has stabilized at 16 USD.