- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Harold838383.
- Friday, June 3rd, 2022 at 08:33 #295285Spare_Imagination648Participant
Cryptocurrency News – Japan passes stablecoin bill ensuring redemption at face value, Bloomberg says.
Read Here (Article Link):
What are your thoughts after reading this news article?Friday, June 3rd, 2022 at 08:42 #295286Castr0-
Is a case to say that this bill is not stable.Friday, June 3rd, 2022 at 08:46 #295287coinfeeds-bot
tldr; Japan’s parliament has introduced a legal framework for stablecoins guaranteeing that they are linked to the yen or another fiat currency and that holders have the right to redeem them at face value. The legal framework will take effect in a year, Bloomberg reported. It added that stablecoins can be issued only by licensed banks, registered money transfer agents and trust companies.
*This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace reading the original article. As always, DYOR.*Friday, June 3rd, 2022 at 08:49 #295288kirtash93
***It added that stablecoins can be issued only by licensed banks, registered money transfer agents and trust companies.***
I agree with this. You must be somehow a trusted company to ensure the legitimacy of the stablecoin so UST is less probable to happen.Friday, June 3rd, 2022 at 08:50 #295289Harold838383
If anyone is going to do it right it’s Japan
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Japan Passes Stablecoin Bill That Enshrines Investor Protection [Crypto News]
- → Japan Passes Stablecoin Bill That Enshrines Investor Protection
- → Has Tether exhausted all of its cash on hand and is now forced to sell raw BTC (its ‘cash equivalents’) for every redemption? Sounds like a wild accusation, but today’s $500 million Tether redemption perfectly lined up with that gigantic market dump of BTC.
- → Panama says yes to BTC and cryptocurrency as Congressional bill passes | CryptoSlate [Crypto News]
- → Colorado’s governor wants state to be a haven for crypto — “It won’t be too long before renewing your driver’s license, hunting passes, fishing passes, you’ll be able to do it in crypto” [News]
- → Terra’s UST Stablecoin is now the #3 Stablecoin in Crypto, #1 Algorithmic Stablecoin [Crypto News]
- → Notice of start of crypto asset payment support on cross-border EC site “SBI Motor Japan” -Japan’s first XRP payment support on cross-border EC site
- → Panama Legislature Passes Bill Regulating Crypto [Crypto News]
- → Brazilian Senate Passes Bill to Regulate Crypto [Crypto News]
- → Russia Passes First Reading of Bill Seeking to Ban Digital Assets [so much for crypto champion] [Crypto News]
- → Algorand upgrades will boost speed and privacy, founder says — “Algorand is developing a layer of privacy with regulators while ensuring that privacy does not become a curtain to hide nefarious activities.” [News]
- → Tether Takes Victory Lap After Stablecoin Regains Peg | Bloomberg [Crypto News]
- → EU parliament passes the historic Crypto MiCA bill [News]
- → New York State Assembly Passes Bill Blocking New Cryto Mines That Use Non-Renewable Power [Crypto News]
- → California Passes bill SB1190 to use Cardano for credentials – Student ID [Crypto News]